090 electronic ignition conversion

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigloudvtwin

stihl 029 stihl 460 Mag Husq 55 BB 395xp BB 090
Reaction score
I want to change this big old beast over to more modern setup for reliability. What do I need for it parts wise? 090 ( non AV )

There never was a factory electronic ignition for that model. You could probably cover with a Nova module. Why convert though?
I am aware that there was never a factory electronic ignition for this saw, and......my reasoning was stated in my original post. More reliable. I already had to file the points and regap to get this running due to sitting. Since it won't be stored in my living room I want to go electronic. Thanks for trying to school me though. Iknow the modules are out there, I just want opinion on the best one.

Never seen one, but that could be. I do know that the last of the 090 AV second version AV had the electronic and a friend of mine has cut and sold a couple hundred cords of wood with it.

Yes there was a later version of the 090 electronic, I know a collector that has one, he's has spun the centre out of the flywheel!... Five years on and he's still looking for a replacement.

Gday I have a stihl 090 av model (not mark II) that has electronic ignition the same as the picture above with the bosch part behind the fuel breather, would it be from factory or could it have been put on later?

Latest posts

Back