191T Stihl Oiler Replacment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thejdman04

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
View attachment 230054View attachment 230055View attachment 230056View attachment 230057

I have a 191T top handle Stihl chainsaw. I have done all of the diagnostics on the saw (checked the vent, hose, drive gear etc etc) and the oiler itself isn't working on my 191T saw. I got as far as the pictures above show. I took the clutch off and chain brake off, and got down to where I can see the oiler. I can see the gear that is the top of the oiler, I see the black rubber hose where it comes down and into the oil tank. I figured I had to split the saw, as in split the 2 halves of the white plastic case in order to get the oiler out. I started removing the plastic on the left side (recoil side) and got all of the plastic removed off of that side. Now I am left w/the cylinder, flywheel, carburetor , fuel tank, oil tank and the plastic on the right side. Do I have to keep going and remove the white plastic the plastic housing of the saw on the right side (the clutch and chain brake side) or am I missing something? Is there an easier way to get the oiler out of the saw without taking EVERYTHING apart? I already bought the new oiler but the Stihl dealer wasn't much help besides bring the saw in to the shop. I am fairly mechanically inclined though not an expert and I have never changed an oiler in a top handle saw or a Stihl saw for that matter. I guess I am basically wondering if I really have to tear EVERYTHING APART, strip it all down to just the fuel and oil tank and cylinder basically or if there is an easier simpler way to change the oiler without tearing it all down. Seems like a lot of work for a few dollar part.

Back