1st five things to do this spring..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ngzcaz

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
1. more wood
2. more wood
3. more wood
4. more wood
5. more wood

Actually,
1. more wood
2. insulate owb better than original & different t stat
3. locate wood closer to owb
4. decorate owb surroundings
5. figure out way to use sun to heat owb water

:greenchainsaw:

I've been asked to stop cutting wood. I'm running out of room to stack it. Shucks, I'm giving some of my wood to my neighboring farmer.

Spot on! I NEED to make it priority this spring before the skeeters and heat hit. I go in the killin mode in the fall, I don't wanna have to worry about wood!

I've been asked to stop cutting wood. I'm running out of room to stack it. Shucks, I'm giving some of my wood to my neighboring farmer.

I've got tons of room here if you feel the need to get rid of some to make room. It would be a drive though. LOL!

I have a slightly different agenda. My wood is already cut, I just need to....

1. Build wood shed
2. Build wood shed
3. Build wood shed
4. Build wood shed
5. Fill newly built wood shed.

Ian

1. get sidewalk poured
2. plant grass seed (we just built our house)
3. split 2 cords i have laying out
4. stack all wood that is split
5. harvest 5 more trees from friend's property

Things to do Spring.

Here is my list:

1) move extra wood to wood lot
2) dig up dirt, level ground, lay patio pavers around existing pad
3) create a walk way (side walk) to stove, from pavers or concrete
4) finish my light pole (mount light fixture and switch)
5) clean stainless outside, and inside stove

Below is a picture after buying and hauling the pavers from a local block factory, found them on CL for $100, enough to do 300 sq ft. Would love to have a roof over the stove, with a wood shed. Maybe one of these days.

attachment.php

... Once spring hits I plan to...

Drink beer
sit by the pond
Take a nap
Drink beer
sit by the pond
I just can't pull this agenda off in the cold months....

Once May hits my brain goes elsewhere.

Whatsa chainsaw???
Oh that's right it's the noisy thing with the chain that goes around and around.

Last edited:
1. build wood shed
2. fix the grass
3. plant 2 new trees in front yard
4. split old trees and fill wood shed
5. landscaping around the house

and on and on and on the '' honey do '' list goes.

1. Build retort for making charcoal

2. Collect several hundred tons of six year old logging trash to feed above

3. Plant forest garden including hazelnut, chestnut, butternut trees and assorted fruit trees

4. Build about half mile of new roadway into the land

5. Clear an acre or two of fairly thin forest to make a small meadow

Anybody want a job?

... Once spring hits I plan to...

Drink beer
sit by the pond
Take a nap
Drink beer
sit by the pond
I just can't pull this agenda off in the cold months....

Once May hits my brain goes elsewhere.

Whatsa chainsaw???
Oh that's right it's the noisy thing with the chain that goes around and around.
:( i liked you first list ;)

mine is more then 5 long but here are the highlights

1. find/cut/haul/split/stack/firewood before summer so the fall and winter can be spent on things other then wood cutting.

2. find and purchase new ZTR (so i will have more time to find/cut/haul/split/firwood)

3. finish the outside of the back of the house, install new door and siding on the top level so it will be easier to heat house so i don't have to do so much find/cut/haul/split/stack/firewood.

4. clean out barn and replace/build new doors so i can keep new ZTR, tractor, and spliter in the barn and keep the wood lot cleaner so i can find/cut/haul/split/stack/firewood.

5. clean out small storage barn and modify it for a play house for baby girl so she has somthing to keep her busy while we find/cut/haul/split/stack/firewood.

Love my ZTR !!!

2. find and purchase new ZTR (so i will have more time to find/cut/haul/split/firwood)

We bought this Toro 25 HP 52" deck ZTR last year, replaced our Dixon ZTR. Although they are expensive I save a ton of my time to do other things. When I got the Dixon going from a typical riding moxer, I cut my time in half. Got a little more gain when we got the Toro, larger deck and it moves faster.

attachment.php

attachment.php

For me its:
1.) Summerize the snowmobile and snowblower
2.) Rake the rocks out of the grass on the edge of the driveway
3.) Get the lawn tractor, walkbehind mower and trimmer running
4.) Bring my golf game out of hibernation
Cutting, splitting and stacking firewood is something I will worry about on Memorial Day, 4th of July and Labor Day weekends.

1. Summerize chainsaws
2. Ride motorcycle
3. Get speedboat and fishing boat ready
4. Go canoeing and kayaking
5. Go camping at the lake, burn the cherry I've been seasoning, raise hell on the lake with the speedboat.............454
15596DSC00844_1_-med.JPG

The one thing I have to do this spring is stain my house. I have been putting it off for the last three years but I got to do it this year. With my schedule It will probably take me a month.:(

attachment.php

First thing I will do once the ground thaws is rake up all my wood splitting mess! then sit on the patio and admire the wood I have cut this winter.
Almost have enough for next year 1 more cord to go:clap:
But I have room for three more so I think I will try for 2010- 2011 this year as well I just cant stop cutting!

I cut all the wood i need this winter, soooo

1. Springerize my saws. (sharpen, clean, drain & store)
2. Go fishing
3. Go canoing
4. Relax
5. Repeat 2, 3, & 4 as needed : )

Back