2 saw plan

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2 saw plan

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would probably go for a 372xp and another 372xp for my 2 saw plan although I would be perfectly happy with an ms440/ms440 combo as well.

I only listed saws that I would own or like to own. I may like the 660 and 395 as a 2 saw plan good. I won't know until I get the 395 here and go out and use them side by side.

Mdavlee, Ive never ran a 100+CC saw, but seen a few videos and they look like real torque monsters....which I know its just a video too. Do you think a 088 or 3120 would be faster than your 660, all wearing that 41'' bar? The bigger saws seem like lower RPM saws, but I dont know.

I don't know for sure. The 660 isn't stock so it might have an advantage there. I've not run any with big bars on them. I ran an 084 with a 24" 404 chain at a dolmar dealer up in bland va last year. It really didn't seem that heavy but parts are getting harder to come by for them.

I bring out the 359 and the 254xp for the smaller stuff (don't like sharpening in the field, just run one till dull then fire up the other) For the bigger stuff I have a 395xp and and old 038 for back up... Kind of a four saw plan...

I think you'll really like the 2171. You might run it only for a little while until the newness of it wears off. I'll probably try to get a a couple tanks through the 395 in the next couple days. I should have waited to make the cants I made yesterday to use it.

I got the 395 today. I got to run it just a bit. I'll try to get some videos up tomorrow of it and the 660 in the same oak log. So far I think it's pretty strong for a stock saw.

You think I'll mess with it some? You're probably right. I just need to get a little runtime the way it is first.

Back