2100 x 2

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
engine made by a shop in the midwest called Challenger machine. He also makes a engine based on a pair of 3120 heads.

now does he make the crank shafts. is there a center support int eh crank case for the crank? also what does he do for the timing? do they both fire at the same time or what. i am intrested in finding otu abotu that engine cause it is pretty slick.

If you type in Sachs-Dolmar in your search engines.(I use google) you wont find much on chainsaws anymore..but a ton on some place using cylinders in this same fashion for model airplanes...single cyl..multi's--- take a look! pretty cool stuff!

How do they seperate the crankcases on those things? Or do the two cylinders scavenge off each other?

Interesting thread, this...

When I was a lot younger I was pretty interested in model airplanes and boats, especially for the cute little motors. Then I grew up, got interested in things I could ride in or on, and forgot about the RC world.

Just so happens that I had some time to kill at a mall today, and was thumbing through an R.C. magazine engine buyer's guide issue. Them boys got some interesting stuff...Ignition systems that make our chain saws seem like a lawnmower engine, with programmable advance, advanced carburetion, etc.

I know power costs money, but where are the saw makers? I know echo has the slope advance system, but where are the others? Are chain saws left sucking hind tit?

Latest posts

Back