4 way on a SpeeCo

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Medman

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I bought a 25T speeco about a year ago and was woundering if anyone has come up with a way to put a 4way splitter on them.
My idea is to mount a horziontal wedge on the pressure plate with a break for the primary wedge on the splitter. Any Ideas or thoughts woud be great.

Tim

I bought a 25T speeco about a year ago and was woundering if anyone has come up with a way to put a 4way splitter on them.
My idea is to mount a horziontal wedge on the pressure plate with a break for the primary wedge on the splitter. Any Ideas or thoughts woud be great.

Tim

I think there are some here that have done it...but i dont think a wedge ont he pressure plate will work as the splitter is designed to work from the ram side...the stroke isnt long enough to split the other way...and even if it were the plate would be in the way...

Avalancher revamped one for his, step by step and pics. I'm too lazy to look it up,you'll have to do your own search.

Speeco four way wedges

SpeeCo has a four way wedge available. All vertical horizontal models built since 2007 will accept it except for the Huskee 22 ton unit sold at TSC. The only 22 ton Huskees that will accept the four way wedge are the 2010 models. part# for 22 and 25 ton splitters LS40144200 part# for 28 and 35 ton units LS40144300. you can order from TSC

thanks

Kevin@speeco

Kevin, I'm VERY interested in a 4 way for my 35 ton, but I can't find it on your website. Where is it?

BTW, your website is LAME. You need to fire some web designers.

Yes, it's pretty.

But not USEFUL.

www.webpagesthatsuck.com

SpeeCo has a four way wedge available. All vertical horizontal models built since 2007 will accept it except for the Huskee 22 ton unit sold at TSC. The only 22 ton Huskees that will accept the four way wedge are the 2010 models. part# for 22 and 25 ton splitters LS40144200 part# for 28 and 35 ton units LS40144300. you can order from TSC

thanks

Kevin@speeco

Kevin

How do they attach? Are they fixed or do they float up and down?

My neighbor "permanently loaned" his son his 35 ton Huskee and they've been trying to come up with a 4-way for it but have trouble getting around the 2 log strippers.

If you post a pic or a link I'm sure a lot of people would be interested.

Take Care

Kevin, I'm VERY interested in a 4 way for my 35 ton, but I can't find it on your website. Where is it?

BTW, your website is LAME. You need to fire some web designers.

Yes, it's pretty.

But not USEFUL.

www.webpagesthatsuck.com

:agree2:

I like my Huskee splitter, but navigating the SpeeCo website is tedious.

Kevin

How do they attach? Are they fixed or do they float up and down?

My neighbor "permanently loaned" his son his 35 ton Huskee and they've been trying to come up with a 4-way for it but have trouble getting around the 2 log strippers.

If you post a pic or a link I'm sure a lot of people would be interested.

Take Care

They slip over the existing wedge. They are meant for soft or straight grained wood only. They are fixed but are easily removed. So really for use only with 6" 14" pieces.

Kevin,
Any chance for a picture or two? Thanks for the info so far and I too LOVE my 35T Huskee.
Thanks for building a great product:love1:

Better yet, pass it on to the BOSS. Suggest he go to the site as if he were a customer looking for info. Do NOT let the web designers give him a tour and tell him how wonderful it is. He needs to see it from a CUSTOMER'S point of view. He should do this without the web design team knowing about it. On his own, just by himself.

ALL evaluation should be done without the web team's input! Hey, it's their baby! They are NOT objective!

And if they were any good, you'd have a different site.

Kevin, since this is a slip-on, I'm a little concerned about my wedge. It's a little off center on my unit. Crooked. Not a lot, but it's noticeable. It hasn't interfered with spitting, so I haven't worried about it, but with the slip on, I'm wondering if the extra leverage provided by the slip-on wedge will be enough to cause problems.

What do you think?

Kevin, since this is a slip-on, I'm a little concerned about my wedge. It's a little off center on my unit. Crooked. Not a lot, but it's noticeable. It hasn't interfered with spitting, so I haven't worried about it, but with the slip on, I'm wondering if the extra leverage provided by the slip-on wedge will be enough to cause problems.

What do you think?

Yes, it may cause an issue if crooked enough. The four way likes to pull the ram around in different directions which is why a four way on a moving ram is a bit hard to design properly. This is also why ours advertised for soft, straight grained or small pieces of wood. It doesn't do so well in 30" oak rounds.

Back