562XP EL48 Carburetor Help Part# 5791941-07

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlfA01

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I ordered an OEM EL48 carb from Chainsawr and it arrived today. I've got some questions and concerns about this carb.

First, I bought this for a build that I'm doing on 562 warranty saw. The carb I received appears less than standard quality from Husqvarna. I would expect other Chinese manufacturers to have these sort of quality issues, but not Husky. It has a lot of corrosion on the hardware, corrosion inside the carb with something that looks like salt collecting on the diaphragms. Also the actual throttle body doesn't have a machined surface where the intake manifold should seal. Instead, it has a rough mold texture. The srato ports are smaller than my EL46 and the butterfly is also smaller. There is no way I'm going to get a seal around my intake manifold with this thing, so I would need a new intake manifold. What saw was the EL48 carb intended for? the 550XP? I want to see if I can track down a manifold.

I wrote Chainsawr and their response was, "
That does not look great.
There are no aftermarket, or other options from Husqvarna for this carb.
I would try it, and if you have issues let me know."

Anyway, anyone out there with experience on these carbs, please let me know what you see from the pics.

IMG_20180405_134017_HDR.jpg IMG_20180405_135901_HDR.jpg IMG_20180405_145114_HDR.jpg IMG_20180405_145225_HDR.jpg

I hope you can get your money back.
What are the Walbro numbers on that?

It should be reimbursable, but I'm sort of concerened about the fitment of this part. Everywhere I'm looking, it should fit and this carb doesn't fit my intake manifold.

Only numbers I've got are from Zama/ Husqvarna... 579194107. On the side of the carb, there is AT 1. 224 engraved.

Just emailed Chainsawr and they are going to give me a new carb. Also, they are making sure that it is compatible with my coil. Anyway, I'll be delayed just enough to finish my powder coated cases.

That photo pretty much sums it up. Wonder where the mixup occurred. Sure enough that was a Walbro carb in a Husky (Zama part number) box.
The Walbro doesn't have much for identifying marks on the carb, whereas the Zama has the model# stamped on the side. Glad you caught that...

That diaphragm looks like it didn't come off of an EL-48...good catch.
@HarleyT is the man...he caught the mixup by the diaphragms. Turns out its a 550XP Walbro carb.

Walbro is for the 545/550xp saws, and Zama carb are for the 555/556/560xp/562xp right?

Yes. Not sure who makes the electronics, but both the Walbro and the Zama appear to have the same electronic module and part numbers. Different revisions, but identical and interchangeable. Not sure about interfacing digitally with the coil and whatnot, but from a mechanical perspective they seem to work.

I believe mine was a mixup, which was also damaged by water. Very lucky for that water damage, as I don't have to pay excess shipping to send the carb back.

I worked in a shop where one of the guys would put a carb he replaced back in the factory box, and leave it on the counter. Someone else would come along, find the box, and put it on the parts shelf.
Likely what happened there, as someone saw the white crud, and decided "This guy needs a new carb"!!

Latest posts

Back