562xp Hot start?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol, I meant where does outside air enter the air box. When the top cover is on it looks sealed other than the cracks where the cover meets the saw.

I feel like an idiot bringing this up. When i read this i thought "duh, the air injection system", but then i looked on 3 of my husky saws, and i can't see where the air comes in. It appears that the carb box is sealed all around. What am i missing?

I finally figured it out there is a plastic piece beside the flywheel with a hole in it that shoots straight into the air box [emoji1]

Yesterday@94 degrees outside, I did about twenty back to back cuts in 20 inch oak with my tlandrum 2260. I let the saw sit for 9 minutes, I timed it. The purge pump did not work however, the saw started on the first pull and revved up just fine from the get-go.
I was a little surprised by this.
I am wondering if I waited long enough before restarting?

Yesterday@94 degrees outside, I did about twenty back to back cuts in 20 inch oak with my tlandrum 2260. I let the saw sit for 9 minutes, I timed it. The purge pump did not work however, the saw started on the first pull and revved up just fine from the get-go.
Not all of them do it... Dont be surprised if it starts be surprised if it doesn't...

Maybe not long enough, maybe too long, maybe your saw runs as it should. I'm a bit surprised it ran with the primer not working, as the carb likely won't have any fuel. Did you try actually cutting, or did you just rev it a little? My saw would sometimes rev a bit, but didn't have enough fuel to actually cut.

Hopefully you just have one that works in the heat, which seems to be a rare.

Did you use the choke or just do a normal hot start?

I set the fast idle with no choke and it started. It ran fine after the restart. I will do the test again tomorrow and maybe the 2253 also. Right now it is only 86 degrees.
Letting it sit in the sun seems to make things even worse. 86 is plenty hot for this experiment.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

If you don't take preventative measures to prevent vapour lock in a unit that your sure its going to bother you that day as its hot, try to keep it running until you have done your work. The carb will stay cool under operation due to the venturi effect. Once you shut down the engine that's when the heat soaks the carb. Not always possible with refills etc but understanding the issue will help best manage it.

Today it was nice and warm, about 95 degrees. I made some cuts with the 2260, gee it runs good, and let it sit for 13 minutes in the sun, (the last attempt I waited 9 minutes). The primer bulb was empty and would not work and the saw would not start. So I got some tape and taped the throttle wide open. It started on the second or third pull. I hit the kill switch right away because I could not get the tape off quickly. Restarted again but it would not rev up until it idled for about 30 seconds, after that it ran fine.
I then did the same test with the 2253. The primer was empty on it too and would not work. However, it started on the second or third pull and ran fine immediately.
I have some AV gas mix so tomorrow I will test with it and see what happens.

I too have found wide open throttle is what's needs for heat soaked restarts. Kinda hard to pin the trigger & pull starter cord but it works if its not to bad. If you run out of gas & need to refill the quicker one does this the better. I will let a unit idle for a couple of mins to bring temps down, refill quick and restart before carb gets too hot. PITA

Today it was nice and warm, about 95 degrees. I made some cuts with the 2260, gee it runs good, and let it sit for 13 minutes in the sun, (the last attempt I waited 9 minutes). The primer bulb was empty and would not work and the saw would not start. So I got some tape and taped the throttle wide open. It started on the second or third pull. I hit the kill switch right away because I could not get the tape off quickly. Restarted again but it would not rev up until it idled for about 30 seconds, after that it ran fine.
I then did the same test with the 2253. The primer was empty on it too and would not work. However, it started on the second or third pull and ran fine immediately.
I have some AV gas mix so tomorrow I will test with it and see what happens.

You'll probably hit 100 deg. tomorrow!!

I too have found wide open throttle is what's needs for heat soaked restarts. Kinda hard to pin the trigger & pull starter cord but it works if its not to bad. If you run out of gas & need to refill the quicker one does this the better. I will let a unit idle for a couple of mins to bring temps down, refill quick and restart before carb gets too hot. PITA
Yup, that's the routine. Plus setting it in the shade, using the choke hot, etc. It is a PITA but at least if you know what's going on you have some idea what to do. I still end up unable to start one now and then, but that's where the second saw comes in.

Today, I did the same procedure using the 2260 only this time I changed the fuel to AV gas. I set the fast idle and it started and ran with power immediately. This worked today but I wouldn't bet on it working tomorrow.
I will repeat this test tomorrow. It was cooler today a refreshing 88 degrees.:cold:

Well, I just came in all wet from sweat. I ran the saw out of gas, refilled it and let it sit for 14 minutes in the sun. I then pumped the primer and set the fast idle. The saw started on the second pull.
My conclusion is Av gas eliminates hot start issues, for me anyway. Does it run as good on AV gas as non-alcohol fuel? I can't tell a difference. At least with the "auto-tune" you can switch back and forth and not have to re-tune.

Never read threw all the post . Had this problem in 2012 can't remember exactly how I did it . I know I pulled the choke an may be fast idle this was after the dercho storm an was very hot out . Other wise the saw would not start, was running a 394 never had that trouble before or after

I only just saw this thread, your video and symptoms are exactly the same as mine. My top end is being rebuilt (at my expense) so I'll let you know if anything changes. I will be modifying my top cover when I get it back though, and I'm thinking I'll look into modifying my muffler as suggested.

Latest posts

Back