562xp Hot start?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heat heat HEAT - the enemy of the 562xp.

I cut my cover open a while back and it's been running fine since it had a new cylinder and piston installed, but it hasn't got real hot out here yet.

Still wanting to gut my muffler but I know that will void the warranty pretty fast, and extended warranty has been essential on this saw so far.

Anyone care to do radical surgery on some 562xp mufflers and sell me one? I'll take one immediately!

Re 2260 - other than the small mount bar, what is the difference between it and 562xp that would make it not also have Hot Start issues?

Does it not have the same rev-boost? or the same layout adjacent to the carb? or more breathing room in the case? or different carb? or less restrictive muffler .... or better shielded fuel lines ... ..... or ..... some Jonsred magic they have kept secret from Husky ? :rolleyes:

Thoughts?

Let's assume your premise is coorect...that the 2260 doesn't have hot start issues.m.I've never had issues with my 555 either. Maybe the smaller pto side let's air from cooling the fins out better...or maybe the smaller cases don't hold the heat as the larger 562 cases do. Before u brought up the 2260 I was wondering ' if the 555 not having stuffers makes a difference. Also...I wonder if all that plastic on the left side of the carb makes it harder for the carb to shed heat or be cooled by the intake air from the flywheel. ..was going to see if I could detach some of those clips and mount them or simply let them hang else where. And does the autotune mechanism itself add or effect the heat in the carb...

I think a AWOL 2260 might be in my future. :yes:
The 2260 is much better looking then the 562. Lol I like the small mount better myself. I don't cut huge wood very often and only when I have to.

For the wood I cut 59cc's don't get you far with big mount 20"-28" solid bars. But a 555 being about the same weight size as my MS261's but with 10cc more, the small mount is great so I can run small bars even light laminates & have a light fast capable little limber. The wood I cut is very dense so 24" bars are not an option on a saw this size..... but a 15" ko95 solid Windsor speed tip, its a runner!

For the wood I cut 59cc's don't get you far with big mount 20"-28" solid bars. But a 555 being about the same weight size as my MS261's but with 10cc more, the small mount is great so I can run small bars even light laminates & have a light fast capable little limber. The wood I cut is very dense so 24" bars are not an option on a saw this size..... but a 15" ko95 solid Windsor speed tip, its a runner!
I have heard that Australia wood can be some hard stuff. Even harder then alot of our Midwest hard woods. I know a huge hedge can really show you if your chain is not Sharp. Lol

Let's assume your premise is coorect...that the 2260 doesn't have hot start issues.m.I've never had issues with my 555 either. Maybe the smaller pto side let's air from cooling the fins out better...or maybe the smaller cases don't hold the heat as the larger 562 cases do. Before u brought up the 2260 I was wondering ' if the 555 not having stuffers makes a difference. Also...I wonder if all that plastic on the left side of the carb makes it harder for the carb to shed heat or be cooled by the intake air from the flywheel. ..was going to see if I could detach some of those clips and mount them or simply let them hang else where. And does the autotune mechanism itself add or effect the heat in the carb...

I was thinking about the suffers myself, impeding flow, or over pressurizing the case, that sure would cause issues after shutdown. I remember old EHP saying crank suffers often slow saws down, I know he liked 359 more than the 357 because it lacked suffers.[emoji6]

With everything on the table, the fact is these saw are still giving people fits, for wherever reason. To me this is not really not acceptable IMHO. We shouldn't have to be modifying new equipment!! I've always been of the mind set, if something needs to be modified when still new, the manufacturer simply didn't do it's job.

I know a lot of brand bashing has gone on here over the years, withe the constant same old stale arguments. That's not my intention, and I believe most see that's not my intention.

However these saws have been out far too long for failures like this still to occur. I know I'll take some heat for saying that, but I've never won any popularity contest.[emoji6]

Agreed & the 555 looks better than a 562 with the low top filter cover.
I personally have always preferred the high tops, but that could just be me subconsciously preferring function over form. And a large mount is often preferred do to bar availability. The reduction in weight is obviously a big plus.

I was thinking about the suffers myself, impeding flow, or over pressurizing the case, that sure would cause issues after shutdown. I remember old EHP saying crank suffers often slow saws down, I know he liked 359 more than the 357 because it lacked suffers.[emoji6]

With everything on the table, the fact is these saw are still giving people fits, for wherever reason. To me this is not really not acceptable IMHO. We shouldn't have to be modifying new equipment!! I've always been of the mind set, if something needs to be modified when still new, the manufacturer simply didn't do it's job.

I know a lot of brand bashing has gone on here over the years, withe the constant same old stale arguments. That's not my intention, and I believe most see that's not my intention.

However these saws have been out far too long for failures like this still to occur. I know I'll take some heat for saying that, but I've never won any popularity contest.[emoji6]
I agree 100% I do tend to give some grief about the 562 but that is just because some people swear they are infallible.
I do honestly hope you can get tips sorted out. It is always a kick in the pants when you have to make time to get something fixed that is supposed to hold up to years of use.

I agree 100% I do tend to give some grief about the 562 but that is just because some people swear they are infallible.
I do honestly hope you can get tips sorted out. It is always a kick in the pants when you have to make time to get something fixed that is supposed to hold up to years of use.
That's just it, I really don't believe anything can be done. It is more of a fundamental design issue, if it wasn't the problem or problems would have been rectified by now. At least that's how I see it... It is what it is.

I will open up the muffler and just be careful in hot weather, and otherwise enjoy using the saw.

Heat heat HEAT - the enemy of the 562xp.

I cut my cover open a while back and it's been running fine since it had a new cylinder and piston installed, but it hasn't got real hot out here yet.

Still wanting to gut my muffler but I know that will void the warranty pretty fast, and extended warranty has been essential on this saw so far.

Anyone care to do radical surgery on some 562xp mufflers and sell me one? I'll take one immediately!
Homelite410 comes to mind for a nice muffler mod

That's just it, I really don't believe anything can be done. It is more of a fundamental design issue, if it wasn't the problem or problems would have been rectified by now. At least that's how I see it... It is what it is.

I will open up the muffler and just be careful in hot weather, and otherwise enjoy using the saw.
Cutting in that much heat does zap you. At least you have that awesome Echo 590 that will handle where the 562 gives up.

Back