Advise on rigging set ups

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
USMC_Paratrooper.jpg

So you were in the 82 Airborne?

I was attached to the 82nd.

I had a turd attached to the bottom of my shoe once. Would that be the same thing ?

Yup just ask anyone that was in the 82nd its the same thing... again if you read his post earlier he was trying to pass himself off as Airborne. Prolly never even PLF'd off a PT Platform.

Just like his alleged tree work.

Yup just ask anyone that was in the 82nd its the same thing... again if you read his post earlier he was trying to pass himself off as Airborne. Prolly never even PLF'd off a PT Platform.

Jeez man, calm down! You guys are turning what could be a good constructive discussion, into yet another useless flame war.. :angel:

Gettin back to riggin

Yep, that's what I run. I can't imagine needing 200' of 3/4" around here.. I guess it's possible though. I have tortured those 9/16 lines for some time now, they take an amazing amount of abuse.. I would worry about the tree breaking first! I do replace them yearly though. I also use the 150' 3/4 for anything that's really gonna be nasty (roping big wood mainly).
ok 9/16-5/8 bull rope sounds like its for me in ct! did some natural crotch rigging today on a 30-35' maple, only on mid sized limbs lie 4-6" range, tree was in a condo association that was only 15 to 20 feet away from the condo units on two or three sides so drop zone was limited but it came out good nothin damaged, grounds werent bad except for when it came to the main trunk its was snap cuts on 18" sections cant wait to get a good riggin set up now that i know whats good and what i want. Thanks

The 9/16 DB i use is stronger than your 5/8 ya got there (and I still run it through crotches all the time). I'm pretty sure it's rated at like 11300.

As far as breaking a 5/8 DB pulling over a spar.. I don't think even murph could do that with the loader and a super-duper step cut.. lol.

Murph has never broken a 5/8 because he does not own one. 1/2 Blue streak is the only rope a real extreme tree faller needs.

What alleged tree work are you referring to?

This is one of the better threads, I really need to learn as much as I can. I don't have the luxury of climbing for someone else to learn, it's this site, books, and videos. It's been that way from the start. I soak up all I can and make sure I tackle nothing that I believe to be over my head.
Carbless, cut it out. You're wasting my time and others. Try taking a barb without returning one. For sanitys sake just shut up and listen for a change!
Steve

PW problems & dynamic rigging

I'm using Sampson 1/2" blue rigging rope and it seems to stick in my large PortaWrap at the vertical bars where it runs through. My thought is to take it to a welder to add some more weld for no other reason than to have the rope run a bit further out and not bind up. I experimented with JB Weld to see how it would work, other than the epoxy not lasting for more than a couple of runs, the rope definately runs like it should.

There's been adds for dynamic line (Sherrill Tree) for rigging and if memory serves me, I've watched some of the you tubes on this. Anyone using it?

Steve

I'm using Sampson 1/2" blue rigging rope and it seems to stick in my large PortaWrap at the vertical bars where it runs through. My thought is to take it to a welder to add some more weld for no other reason than to have the rope run a bit further out and not bind up. I experimented with JB Weld to see how it would work, other than the epoxy not lasting for more than a couple of runs, the rope definately runs like it should.

There's been adds for dynamic line (Sherrill Tree) for rigging and if memory serves me, I've watched some of the you tubes on this. Anyone using it?

Steve

Not sure what u would be doing to get the rope stuck, u gotta pic on how u run it thru? I have had them hockel up when let run real fast, but other than that, never had a problem. Witch direction are u wrapping it?

Everything is good as far as proper PW setup & rope wrap. It's where the fillet weld is between the main tube and the vertical bar, the rope is just the right size to get tight in between the two. I'll take some pictures this afternoon once I get a chance to catch up on paperwork.

Back