Allis Chalmers D17

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
love those old allis chalmers tractors, bought my first wd 45 back in 1969, sure wish I still had it. traded it in 1973 for a jd 3010 diesel. wish I had that back to. never knew that these old tractors would be so sought after today.

My D 17 is a 1961 model Has a cheap Kelly loader on it that runs off a remote. I don't need a real heavy duty loader for the type of work I do with it.

:D Al

My D 17 is a 1961 model Has a cheap Kelly loader on it that runs off a remote. I don't need a real heavy duty loader for the type of work I do with it.

I still love your tractor, I also see that you might have bees, if so do you know what is killing all the hives. other than the moths. I think that they can't find enough food to eat to make enough honey to survive the winter.

( don't over load your loader )

amberg

No moths I know of are killing the honey bees. There is a whole basket full of stuff going on from GMO crops, droughts(wild flowers die) Mites, viruses and people using insecticides indiscreetly.

"The primary culprit seems to be insecticides- sprayed on the crops to rid them of unwanted species"

Not really because people no where near crop farms are having problems too. As stated it is a whole basket full of things.

alley, what do you know about web worms in bee hives? ( and or moths ) my buddy lost 7 hives to some kind of moth, so he said.

Alley, thanks for the info. I will try to pass it on, Had to go to jury duty today, again not in good mood, the court girls had to help me out of the chair , and the judge finally sent me home.

Latest posts

Back