and now, it has a helicoil in it.... (660 bar stud)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick62

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I gotta help cut up what is supposed to be a BIG (we will see) tree tomorrow. I told Jack that I would put the 30" bar on the 660 just in case it really is that big.

Noticed that the front nut was feeling mushy. I have wondered about that one before... Time to check it out.
Stripped of coarse. Drill/tap/insert a M8 Helicoil. I will "try" and not crank that front nut to much, but it has to hold the thing together. And yea, I put some sealer on there as it goes directly into the oil tank...

Most likely I will only be using the 064 with a 28" bar on it anyway.

I'll get pics if this really is a big one!

IMG_0078.jpg IMG_0079.jpg IMG_0080.jpg
Ran 2 tanks thru the 660 with a 30" bar on it. I could have used another foot, had to cut from both sides!
Ran another 2 tanks doing mostly noodling with the 064 with a 28" bar on it.... A lovely morning!
Finished with a half a tank on the 461MM pulling chips like nobody's business.

Partly this was to make a point that "serious saw" can get things done, and partly to demonstrate that it is possible to wear the gear (chaps, etc) and still get things done.
Had to break out the 064 when a block shifted and pinched the 660, the only other annoyance was when the chain came off the 064.

Drill/tap/insert a M8 Helicoil. I will "try" and not crank that front nut to much, but it has to hold the thing together. And yea, I put some sealer on there as it goes directly into the oil tank...

Another (better) option, check out Stihl part number 1115 664 2405, 056 Magnum II bar stud, 10mm on the case end.

056 bar stud.JPG

Latest posts

Back