Any Info On a Beaird POULAN CHAINSAW MODEL 82

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moose3832

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi , I'm trying to find some info on a chainsaw I just got gave to me.Its a Beaird Poulan Model 82 the bar is close to 30" long.It had been running but the starter cup has worn out.I'm trying to find out what year this was made or really any info.thanks

Thank you for the info.I had searched the net and couldn't find anything about this saw.

Got any pictures of that 82?

We like pictures. Not saying your starter cup is not wore out but alot of times its just the friction washers that wear and wont let the dogs engage the cup properly.

Do a search here on Fairbanks Morse recoils.

poulan saw

I will try to get some pictures on tomorrow.Thanks for all the help.

Poulan Pics

I just added some pictures of the Poulan model 82.I tried to clean some of the oil off.This saw is way to big for anything i need.Thanks for all the help.

193772-aug10954-jpg

193773-aug10949-jpg

193774-aug10950-jpg

193775-aug10951-jpg

193776-aug10953-jpg

Here ya go... :cheers:

Nice Poulan 82:cheers:

If you want to get rid of it let me know.
I have one but its locked up real bad.

Poulan model 82

Does anyone know where i can buy points for this saw.Also i was wondering if i decide to sell it would it be better to part it out or sell it all together.I really hate to part it out.Thanks for all the help.

Not sure where you can buy a set of points,
But i clean alot of points in my saws with no
problems.
If you decide to sell, Please don't part it out,
Someone here will gladly take it off your hands
including me.

Lee

The only reason I would think about selling parts is because I heard it can be difficult to ship gasoline powered items.Has anyone here shipped chainsaws before? What would be the requirements?

Shipping is easy!
-Drain fluids and let dry!
-Put in a couple trash bags to hold in any smells and loose fluids.

Seems the saw is up for sale as best offer or deep fishing!
Would love to get it, but stay away from the whole best offer prefer a set price.
Best of luck selling it and the whole shipping thing is easy!!!!

Back