Any Info On a Beaird POULAN CHAINSAW MODEL 82

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
poulan 82

Hi, Just wanted to say thanks for all the information.Also I will be listing this on auction once before a break it down and sell the parts.thanks again.

Hi, Just wanted to say thanks for all the information.Also I will be listing this on auction once before a break it down and sell the parts.thanks again.

Why are you doing that may I ask? Are you thinking it will bring more in parts? It may or may not.

It would kind of be shame to part a saw in that condition and complete, especially with a couple of members here already expressing interest in it.

Its your saw and you can do with it what you please, just venting my feelings on it.

poulan model82

Why are you doing that may I ask? Are you thinking it will bring more in parts? It may or may not.

It would kind of be shame to part a saw in that condition and complete, especially with a couple of members here already expressing interest in it.

Its your saw and you can do with it what you please, just venting my feelings on it.

I know i really hate to part out the saw.It is a nice looking saw for the age.

moose, Im with you....I prefer light weight, fast, reliable saws. But there are a bunch (lots) of guys on this site that would love to buy your old poulan. You need to just put it in the classified section with a set price and see how much action you get. The shipping is super easy, i've sold close to 20 saws on another site. Drain it, double bag it, and secure it in the box. And Play dumb at the post office or ups store. DON"T tell them its a engine in the box. Good Luck

I know i really hate to part out the saw.It is a nice looking saw for the age.

You sent me a PM saying your taking offers.
There are many here who would buy it, but a price needs set!
But if parting out makes sense, then I am sure the 4-6 people that have them, or building them will grab the parts parts they need.
Maybe the real money is at the scrap yard?

poulan model 82

Then why dont you put it in the classifieds here on this site and see how it goes that way first.

Dont expect to get rich either way you go with it though.

Hi, i didn't even know that they had classifieds on here.I may try that. I know that i won't get rich on this but i really don't know what it would be worth thats the reason i was thinking about the auction.

Hi, i didn't even know that they had classifieds on here.I may try that. I know that i won't get rich on this but i really don't know what it would be worth thats the reason i was thinking about the auction.

Here is the deal, there is no set worth of any old saw built by whoever. There worth what someone is willing to give for it.

Since you keep mentioning ebay, go do a search of completed auctions but you have to know what your comparing it to.

There was a Poulan 92 that sold recently that brought several hundered dollars, but that is not a fair comparison as the 92 is a much more desireable saw then a 82. The 92 is 100CC and newer to start with.

The 71-A in my signature would probably be more desireable at 92cc and haveing a auto oiler and I got just a little over $100 in it to start with and it was in lots better condition then yours.

You do have a point though about listing it at auction and letting the market decide the worth of it but like I said, I'm not so sure it would be worth more in parts then sold as whole. Matt made a good point of the 4-6 people (just a example) who would want many of those parts and you would have to be lucky to find those people who would be looking for them at the time you had them listed.

Good luck in what your decide.

In all truth!
I paid $98 for one and $158 for the second. (the second one came with a bow bar attachment).
Hens teeth are easier to find then parts. But who is looking for parts?
Keep in mind this is a niche market and the deep pockets don't consider these on there want list (for the most part).
Be nice to see it go to some one that would appreciate it.
But she is your beauty and yours to do as you wish. Your best offer thing will scare off some of your buyers.

Yes, I have a Bow bar to fit it.;)
I did make a offer on it too.

Now its on ebay.

Come on Moose!
Your breaking are balls! LOL!
Couple members make offers and I am sure they were fair!
Why go through all that to eBay it and get hit with the fees and possible buyer hassling?
The ones that made offers would have been a straight deal across the board, with the known problems.
Best of luck though.

P.S. 60-80% of the possible buyers are members here and see the work up.

And no guys, I didn't make a offer, passed on it as I fish for sport not on AS.

Looks like Moose has a lot of transactions on e-Bay, but starting the saw at $149.99 and showing a $68.00 shipping cost is probably not the best way to get it sold. While I was on my moving hiatus there must have been a B-J chainsaw auction that drove the perceived value of old saws up...

I saw this thread when it was started and I just didn't get a good feel about it. Now it has turned out as I thought, and as Jay said- a fishing expedition.
Moose, you have your starting price set at the max I would offer for that saw. And then the shipping charge?????????? I have several Poulans of that era that are very comparable. I didn't pay near your starting price for any of them.
Good luck with your sale!!!!!!!!!! You certainly won't have any of those who have expressed interest in this thread bidding on it, and those are the people who troll Ebay looking for old saws, so you have effectively reduced you potential market to near zero.

My apologies to Matt, who pointed out that it was a fishing expedition.

Now that I have had a minute to read the Ebay posting, that saw is not in nearly as good of condition as it was made out to be in the OP, and I wouldn't pay more than $100 for that saw as it sits.

My apologies to Matt, who pointed out that it was a fishing expedition.

Now that I have had a minute to read the Ebay posting, that saw is not in nearly as good of condition as it was made out to be in the OP, and I wouldn't pay more than $100 for that saw as it sits.

Neal, that is about $90.00 more than I would pay for it. $149.00 + 68.00 for shipping, phtttttttttttt, not a chance in hades.

Sweet saw, Looks similar to the 92 i have.
There a kool looking saw.

Lee

I got a real nice 92 also. It needs a carb rebuild, but I was suprised how much compression it has. I think the 82 and 92 both have a real nice look. A'course the 82 looks a bit meaner being a geardrive and all.

I agree with you fellas on a set price and about the fishing. I have never seen good things come from fishing here then going over all the offering members heads. It may sell and it may not on the bay, but after trolling here and ignoring fair offers its likely that this sellers future customer base for saws has been cut down considerably. Remember that by coming here asking for value of a saw you are coming directly to the folks who will most likely be interested and who will most likely dictate the price (here and on the bay), though you might get lucky and have someone who collects these and is not a member here (though prolly not many o those) want it bad enough.

I think it will sell,

But I will LET this one go.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back