Anyone know about the Stihl backpack blowers? Popping out of grommet

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ham

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
It's done this since new. If you lean forward at all or move funny it the motor pops out of the backpack grommet. Super frustrating. It's under warranty but the dealer says they have to send it off. Is there something simple I'm missing? The springs all appear fully seated

Attachments

• IMG_6042.jpg
    IMG_6042.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 22
What model is it? What is the serial number?

BR700, purchased new December 2018 (SORRY LORDS YEAR 2017), don't wanna post serial number cause I'm a paranoid schizo

The path to handle the problem goes through the distributor, but if the customer cannot even divulge the state he lives in.......
Well...

No sense spending any more time here......

The path to handle the problem goes through the distributor, but if the customer cannot even divulge the state he lives in.......
Well...

No sense spending any more time here......

I mean I was mainly joking, as my profile I think says I'm in Atlanta

Well, if one could run the serial number and see if any prior warranty work was done on this,
it would certainly give you plenty of ammo.

Zero warranty work I bought it new

My dealer said fixing it is no problem but they have to send it out somewhere for 4-6 weeks. I was hoping it was something simple that I could fix. But I guess I need to just let them send it off

Sounds like you need to ta
My dealer said fixing it is no problem but they have to send it out somewhere for 4-6 weeks. I was hoping it was something simple that I could fix. But I guess I need to just let them send it off
Sounds like you need to take it to a real dealer!!!

Latest posts

Back