• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Anyone looking for a minty 361 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what is a mint screw cap 044 worth nowadays?

Lol

Y'all are the official pricing police, no?

Seriously though, the 361 in this thread, to me, is worth all of that $650 he's asking. IMHO, it's a far better saw than what Stihl came up with to replace it.

There's a reason that 69' COPO Camaro's, pre-64 Winchesters, nice 361's and 044's demand a premium....you can't go buy a new one. They don't make em anymore....

Lol

Seriously though, the 361 in this thread, to me, is worth all of that $650 he's asking. IMHO, it's a far better saw than what Stihl came up with to replace it.

There's a reason that 69' COPO Camaro's, pre-64 Winchesters, nice 361's and 044's demand a premium....you can't go buy a new one. They don't make em anymore....

It has been my experience in life that generally speaking, you get what you pay for. Or put another way, you tend to pay up for what you want to get. I believe that the reason that Jeremy gets what he does for his saws is because they have crossed his work bench and people respect that. Sometimes, having a particular persons hands work on a saw make it worth a lot more than it would be otherwise. I have seen quite a few saws on that well cap and the fact that this one earned a block of wood to to sit on (to protect the bottom) told me that it was super special- lol! ;)

Lol

Howdy, midget.
It has been my experience in life that generally speaking, you get what you pay for. Or put another way, you tend to pay up for what you want to get. I believe that the reason that Jeremy gets what he does for his saws is because they have crossed his work bench and people respect that. Sometimes, having a particular persons hands work on a saw make it worth a lot more than it would be otherwise. I have seen quite a few saws on that well cap and the fact that this one earned a block of wood to to sit on (to protect the bottom) told me that it was super special- lol! ;)

The 395XP I bought from Wiggs was pictured in a field of clover, smoking a doobie, so I knew it was meant to be owned by a Dirty Hippie.

I watched a clean 361 on ebay go a while back ,go for $600 ,and it was being sold as is will not start in the description ,could have been a fuel hose /carb /piston ? who knows was being sold as a parts saw ,it was real clean had the orig sticker on the front case still .Ths time of year people are getting cold and will pay for what they want .

Wow
I watched a clean 361 on ebay go a while back ,go for $600 ,and it was being sold as is will not start in the description ,could have been a fuel hose /carb /piston ? who knows was being sold as a parts saw ,it was real clean had the orig sticker on the front case still .Ths time of year people are getting cold and will pay for what they want .
All my replies thus far have been in regards to a ready to cut saw. I buy non running stuff all the time if I now what the typical problems are. In the case of a non running saw those problems could quickly outweigh any benefits, especially if your paying $600.
I sure hope it came with a case, an assortment of bars & chains, chaps, helmet, some wedges, maybe a nice chain grinder:).

Back