Anyone Using Drones to Set a Throw Line?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use an pneumatic air launcher that shoots a pvc projectile with hi-test fishing line. About 60 psi will put it anywhere you want. Use the fishing line to pull 1/16 line & use that to pull the rope through. I'm a ham radio op and use this method also for hanging antenna wire.

I would rather use a drone for filming tree work and set a line with a big shot. It would have to be an independent cameraman though. I don't think I could climb while seeing an employee messing around with a remote control.

Where I am in Oz, you need a commercial pilots licence to fly a drone/RC helicopter for work purposes, tree inspections, even advertising I think. Personal use is fine but anything work related then its needed

I think that they are looking at more regulations here as well, due to privacy concerns, and interference with other aircraft. Pity. Maybe the restrictions will only apply above a certain altitude, or when controlled beyond a visible difference.

Philbert

I use an pneumatic air launcher that shoots a pvc projectile with hi-test fishing line. About 60 psi will put it anywhere you want. Use the fishing line to pull 1/16 line & use that to pull the rope through. I'm a ham radio op and use this method also for hanging antenna wire.
How big of a tank and valve do you use for 60 psi?

Latest posts

Back