Archer Bars?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A local guy has Archer bars for sale and the prices are pretty fair, are they any good? I'm looking at adding a long bar that will only be used occasionally for stumping and big wood.

I had exactly the same as wde-1978 with an archer rim,pitch was all wrong,tried every chain I had to fit it but nothing did,like perhaps an un finished machining operation?i picked it up straight away adjusting the chain,some may have run it like it was causing damage?bought on line,managed to get a replacement after photos/phone calls etc,seller tried to argue I had the wrong tooth count,dumbarse,after that I wont touch archer on principle.

I can't comment on the long bars this post started with.

They do have some 9 tooth nose 3/8 lo pro .043 bars. In person would be the way to shop as they seem to supply stock photos to the on line merchants, at least for what I got. They seem to take quite a bit of deviation on the link count and the bar tail from what is oem for what I got.

Unless you find a screaming deal locally on a really good bar, I would scarf that Windsor speed tip up in the classifieds I linked you to this am.

You can always get the adapter to run Stihl bars too.

I'm looking for a new 32" and I'm not against one lick a Stihl bar.

Unless you find a screaming deal locally on a really good bar, I would scarf that Windsor speed tip up in the classifieds I linked you to this am.

Attempting to scarf if a price can be agreed upon.

Successfully scarfed.

Back