Artic blast aftermath

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

legg28

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Yesterday here in Ohio it finally warmed up to 7 degrees by 4pm and when i looked outside to check on the woodburner I seen what looked like steam coming from the ground and water was everywhere . So i get to woodburner and open the pump compartment and hot water is spraying like a shower ! WTH ! Pulled all the wood out of the firebox didnt want it overheating . Looks like what happened was the underground thermopex pipe settled and pulled one line out of the furnace return piping . I guess cold temps will do crap like that even after stove has been there for 3 years . Lucky for me my dealer lives 20 min away and was there quick to fix the piping . The worst part of all of it was finding 150 feet of garden hose that wasnt froze to refill the water it lost . Had it fixed and running by 5:30 PM . I was soaking wet and froze when we got it fixed but i had a warm as@ house .:clap:

Man, no fun, freaking cold and wet. Glad you got it fixed promptly.

Yesterday it was so cold here all I wanted to do was hibernate, today, just a sweatshirt and no gloves out splitting. It changed fast once that cold front blew through.

That feeling where you've overcome some major obstacle and you're about ready to collapse, but still happy you pulled it off. Time to warm up and relax a bit.

Latest posts

Back