Bandit 990 starter problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCTREE

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
My 990xp won't start, replaced the starter and the battery is ok. I clicks but won't engage the starter. Could it have to do with one these switches? They click when I turn the key. image.jpg

My Murphy switch went bad after somewhere around the first 300 hrs. They sent me either a new switch, or the part of the switch that went bad.

Mine sometimes started, sometimes clicked and sometimes did nothing. I was still able to start it by turning the key on and "hot wire" it until it was fixed

My 990xp won't start, replaced the starter and the battery is ok. I clicks but won't engage the starter. Could it have to do with one these switches? They click when I turn the key. View attachment 506909
Sure it could be the solenoid switch. Put a test light on the sol on the left at the small signal wire when a helper turns ign to start it should light up. If it does the signal is going to the solenoid but the solenoid isn't working. It clicked when you tried so it prob has signal.You could jump the hot wire going to the solenoid to the hot going to the starter and it will start. That sol prob is bad. check the wires for corrosion or loose contact also.

It was that solenoid, I by past it and it worked. Thanks for your help.

Back