Bandit Autofeed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

appalachianarbo

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm trying to prorgam my Bandit 90's autofeed. It has the LOR E-287 digital tachometer. When I try to program the hi RPMs, the number only goes up to 255. Does this actually mean 2550 RPMs? When I set the lo RPMs, I can set it to 2400. The procedure for setting the autofeed in the Bandit manual I have doesn't seem to work with my tachometer. Anybody know? Thanks.

I don't know what the LOR E-287 is but can you describe the Tach. Does it have a white face with three buttons or a black face?

Your tach should not read 255 for 2550 if it does it may be bad.

Here is a link to LORs programing sequence for one of there newer Tachs. It has a different way to get in the programing than yours does if yours is from the 90's. You may just need to do the first step for putting it into OEM mode
(the rest of the steps are for newer tachs) you are in the programing mode if you get the screen to show P1 or P2. Then follow the setting directions PPR, Hi, Lo Ect...

http://lormfg.com/videos/LORTachPresentation.swf

Scott

Thanks, I checked this site already. Their instructions don't tell me anything about the 255, either. I can set everything, I'm just wondering what exactly the 255 is telling me. My tach looks exactly the same as the one in their slide show (white face). By the way, it's a 2005 Bandit 90 chipper, not a Bandit from the 90's.

They have had problems with there tachs in that year range. I think they had a sticker that said rev. 5 on the back. Those were the ones that seem to have the most issues. The new ones are rev.7 and seem to work well. My guess is your tach has lost its internal memory or some thing due to age and vibration.

Scott

Latest posts

Back