BEST 60cc saw ever built !!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would say last 20 years from the saws that I ran is 670 jonsered 66.7 CC’s so to stay in the op’s range it falls to the 359. However if you go back rather more than 20 years I would say a lean and mean pro Mac 60

I have both 630s and 670s they are wonderfull saws but I detest the choke fast idle setup.Why didnt they include a throttle lock.When you go to start the saw when it is still warm but must be choked they flood and you pull your arm off.I love the full and half choke on the Partner p70 and R420s.

I have both 630s and 670s they are wonderfull saws but I detest the choke fast idle setup.Why didnt they include a throttle lock.When you go to start the saw when it is still warm but must be choked they flood and you pull your arm off.I love the full and half choke on the Partner p70 and R420s.
They do have a fast idle only setting - lol. Pull out to engage choke and fast idle. Push back in to release choke only. Fire away and blip throttle to disengage fast idle.

Thanks a lot for your valuable feedback. This will inspire me to more collaboration.

X-BULL is 58cc Gas Chainsaw. For better confirmation you can check details on here https://amzn.to/38RpDxW. And I listed both of them 460 rancher and echo 590. You can check my quick section. I mentioned there 460 rancher as best for cutting firewood and echo 590 as overall.

I've got an X-BULL saw, it says 58cc on the side cover but 52cc is cast on the cylinder. They are great saws for the price though.

I am late to this party, I would take my 562xp over an 041 farm boss ANY DAY! I have experience with both, and the farm boss sucked.
Sucked how?
Were they light?....NO
Were they fast by today's standards?,,,,No
Are there still plenty of them around 40 years after they were made putting wood in stoves all over the world? .....YES!
Depends on what you call great.

Mike

Sucked how?
Were they light?....NO
Were they fast by today's standards?,,,,No
Are there still plenty of them around 40 years after they were made putting wood in stoves all over the world? .....YES!
Depends on what you call great.

Mike
My personal opinion about the 041 was that it sucked enough it never actually wore out for most users. Having run an 042av and an 041 i will say that the 041 was not stihls best presentation to the market. It has the ergonomics of a vibrating cement block. May have done the job, may have been a stihl, but the real selling point was price. As i have both the 041 and 562xp sitting here i will tell you it will be a cold frosty day before i grab that one first, so i put the 562 at the top of my 60cc list.
ive seen it in fleet construction equipment too, if you take a fleet and one machine stands out as being in much better shape than the rest less wear and better overall condition, there is probably a good reason for that .. no one wanted to run it.

LOL...RATTLER TRADED ME HIS 268 FOR A RIGHTEOUS 61.
JUST RAN THE HELL OUT OF IT. WITH IT MY 79 AND A FRIENDS NEW MS 500I WE DID 83 CORDS CUT SPLIT AND DELIVERED IN 5 WEEKS !
ALSO USED MY 56 EFCO, 262, AND JERRY MYERS MIGHTY MOUSE 026 ON SMALLER LOGS '14 AND LESS. YOU WANT A GRIN....RUN ONE OF THEM ! LOL
83 cords in 5 weeks! You and your friends are badass. I don't cut 83 cords in 10 years

For cutting speed I like my JRed 2260. But it's a 2013 model. Knowing the issues they develop that didn't get fixed until 2016? I cant say its best overall. I just picked up an Echo 590 Timberwolf and I'm extremely impressed. It's a little heavier than the 2260,359,361 but it's not bad by any means. It's power impressed me . I have a 361 and its a great saw but I find it difficult to tune. It revs much faster than my 359, 590, 2260. I still favor the 359 for all around-it's slower than the other saws but handles/balance the best. My left arm just doesn't get near as tired/sore.

I'd still have to agree about the 262xp. But, in a commercial setting it makes no sense to run a saw that's has nla parts, and parts that most dealers don't carry. I've gone to the 357xp mainly due to the fact it's easy to gets any parts for it including full wrap handles which are required by law where I work.

My personal opinion about the 041 was that it sucked enough it never actually wore out for most users. Having run an 042av and an 041 i will say that the 041 was not stihls best presentation to the market. It has the ergonomics of a vibrating cement block. May have done the job, may have been a stihl, but the real selling point was price. As i have both the 041 and 562xp sitting here i will tell you it will be a cold frosty day before i grab that one first, so i put the 562 at the top of my 60cc list.
ive seen it in fleet construction equipment too, if you take a fleet and one machine stands out as being in much better shape than the rest less wear and better overall condition, there is probably a good reason for that .. no one wanted to run it.
Well there is a reason why many of the old-timers have left this forum and others, they got sick of people talking out their back side. Sure the 562 is smooth, fast and relatively lightweight, but it's a toy compared to the old 041 and I have my doubts they will last 10 years let alone 50, hell half of them don't work right on day one. The 041 was dead reliable and built to last multiple Generations.

Well there is a reason why many of the old-timers have left this forum and others, they got sick of people talking out their back side. Sure the 562 is smooth, fast and relatively lightweight, but it's a toy compared to the old 041 and I have my doubts they will last 10 years let alone 50, hell half of them don't work right on day one. The 041 was dead reliable and built to last multiple Generations.
Loved that 041 and they produced great torque i used to have a 041 before i gifted it to a friend because he likes them old saws. Mine was the farm boss variety and the points / condenser was went bad.
I replaced it with a nova ignition module and it ran even better and turned a bit more rpms than before. ( those old points were bad about floating at high rpms). I wish saws these days could have the torque band of the old school saws.

Latest posts

Back