BEST 60cc saw ever built !!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well there is a reason why many of the old-timers have left this forum and others, they got sick of people talking out their back side. Sure the 562 is smooth, fast and relatively lightweight, but it's a toy compared to the old 041 and I have my doubts they will last 10 years let alone 50, hell half of them don't work right on day one. The 041 was dead reliable and built to last multiple Generations.
You mean they can’t handle an opinion that differs from their own? I stand behind what i said before, i have experience with both and the 041 definitely is at the bottom of my heap. Wrestle with whatever you want if you enjoy the shakes. The question was about the best 60cc saw. I gave my opinion on it.

LOL...RATTLER TRADED ME HIS 268 FOR A RIGHTEOUS 61.
JUST RAN THE HELL OUT OF IT. WITH IT MY 79 AND A FRIENDS NEW MS 500I WE DID 83 CORDS CUT SPLIT AND DELIVERED IN 5 WEEKS !
ALSO USED MY 56 EFCO, 262, AND JERRY MYERS MIGHTY MOUSE 026 ON SMALLER LOGS '14 AND LESS. YOU WANT A GRIN....RUN ONE OF THEM ! LOL
Had a 56cc Efco that I bought at Tractor supply that was branded Cub Cadet. That was a very smooth running saw. At the time I was younger and had no problems swinging bigger saws so a 56cc saw was kind of not needed. Wish I could find another in good shape. I'm actually arm wrestling in my mind between an Echo Timberwolf and 562XP at the moment.

Had a 56cc Efco that I bought at Tractor supply that was branded Cub Cadet. That was a very smooth running saw. At the time I was younger and had no problems swinging bigger saws so a 56cc saw was kind of not needed. Wish I could find another in good shape. I'm actually arm wrestling in my mind between an Echo Timberwolf and 562XP at the moment.
Echo 590 & Husky 550 xp , are two distinctly different saws that will both accomplish firewood cutting effectively . The Echo is heavier and less pricy and torquier in the cut . The 550 much lighter and nimble , perhaps more responsive however at a much higher price point . Seriously , I believe it's a personal preference issue ! ;)

You mean they can’t handle an opinion that differs from their own? I stand behind what i said before, i have experience with both and the 041 definitely is at the bottom of my heap. Wrestle with whatever you want if you enjoy the shakes. The question was about the best 60cc saw. I gave my opinion on it.
:popcorn2:

But your opinion doesn't have be everyone else's. There are SO many factors that go into the concept of what makes a saw great. Lightness and good anti-vibe seem to be two that are important to you. For others maybe not so much. Rock solid reliability and longevity are two that are important to me. For others maybe not so much. That doesn't mean either is wrong, but they MAY be wrong for someone else.

Mike

JUST REMEMBERED RUNNING LEES 116I DOLMAR AT HIS GTG A FEW YEARS BACK. THAT IS ONE SWEET SAW.
AND ROBIN WILL ARGUE HIS OLD JOHNNIES. I REMEMBER RUNNING THEM IN THE 70S AND THEY WERE SOME SWEET SAWS. AND WE HAVENT MENTIONED THE LOMBARDS AND PIONEERS WE USED UP IN MAINE IN THE EARLY 70S UP NEAR RANGELY.
ALSO THE SAW THAT CHANGED THE WORLD THE 162 ! MADE THE CEMETARY DOWN OTIS WITH IT. FRIEND SEAN HAS A CHERRY ONE WITH HEATED HANDLES. !
Still run my Pioneer 11-60 , much like the 041 . Lots of grunt and bark along with good vibrations ! ;)

Vibes, FWIW I just picked up an Echo 590 Timberwolf and already have a Jonsered 2260 (similar to a 562xp). They are both great saws. I ran 6 tanks through the Timberwolf and it has really impressed me. Even brand new it still has a lot of power. The 2260 is a tad lighter and little better balanced. And if I was cutting on a steep hillside or brushy areas the difference in handling may be more noticeable. But the Echo was $421 tax included and (3) extra chains-non safety type. I would put the Echo on this list but I don't feel qualified after only 6 tanks.

Vibes, FWIW I just picked up an Echo 590 Timberwolf and already have a Jonsered 2260 (similar to a 562xp). They are both great saws. I ran 6 tanks through the Timberwolf and it has really impressed me. Even brand new it still has a lot of power. The 2260 is a tad lighter and little better balanced. And if I was cutting on a steep hillside or brushy areas the difference in handling may be more noticeable. But the Echo was $421 tax included and (3) extra chains-non safety type. I would put the Echo on this list but I don't feel qualified after only 6 tanks.
The Timberwolf is a proven firewood provider @ a very nice price point . Open up the exhaust to let it breathe and retune accordingly , very stout performer !

But your opinion doesn't have be everyone else's. There are SO many factors that go into the concept of what makes a saw great. Lightness and good anti-vibe seem to be two that are important to you. For others maybe not so much. Rock solid reliability and longevity are two that are important to me. For others maybe not so much. That doesn't mean either is wrong, but they MAY be wrong for someone else.

Mike
I never said it had to be, i stated my opinion and got jumped all over because i don't have a high opinion of the 041. I don’t really care what someone likes, use whatever flogs your log, but don't ask a subjective opinion question and then get all butt hurt when someone doesn’t have the same mindset as you.

Big fat box hard to work on. 036
I'm not a Stihl guy, but I did own an 036 and I have to say that the power to weight ratio was impressive on that saw. It's downfall for me was antiquated vibration isolation. Otherwise, I really liked it. I've owned several 60cc class saws over the years, and so far my favorite is the 562XP I recently acquired.

I'm not a Stihl guy, but I did own an 036 and I have to say that the power to weight ratio was impressive on that saw. It's downfall for me was antiquated vibration isolation. Otherwise, I really liked it. I've owned several 60cc class saws over the years, and so far my favorite is the 562XP I recently acquired.

shhhhhhh! don't say that too loud;)

Yeah, you guys, pipe down. Buncha wimps like us is why all the old timers left and this place sucks now... :)

By far the best saw in that class is hands down the husqvarna 262xp. In second place I would say the 361 stihl.
A 262 PORTED BY JERRY UP IN NS IS THE SAW TO BEAT.
BEST POWER TO WEIGHT SAW EVER MADE!
I HAVE ONE THATS CUT PROBABLY 250 CORDS AND NEVER HAD AN ISSUE IN 10 YEARS. 2 MORE IN THE WORKS. AINT WHAMMA JAMMA...MY 79 DOLKITA ...BUT AINT LIGHT EITHER LIKE THE 262!!

Latest posts

Back