can firewood get to dry

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why not just use your 100cc saw to noodle all the way though......[emoji848].

This puzzles me sir.

You already have the saw running...... in the wood. Finish the cut instead of stopping and then getting your axe out to finish it...[emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is all the way through except that last edge, if I went any farther without rolling the block over, I'd run the chance of nicking the asphalt. Plus, if I cut each one of the slabs completely off they wouldn't stand up after each swing. Once you have it noodled like in the pic you can swing the ax as fast as you can and nothing will fall over till you done. Much better than sticking it in a tire. That's all straight grain Oak that splits real easy. I choke up on the handle about half way and only raise it about cheek height. Maybe 1/3 of a swing. When I was younger I used to show off and split stuff like that with a 2 1/4 pound boys ax one handed. People thought I was strong, strong. Nope, the wood just splits that easy. Once the piece was stood up it took less than 2 minutes to knock 30+ splits off that one round.

In the Ohio River Valley, we steam ours all summer long, 99degrees and 99%humidity.
Heck, I was thinking of spending some time out there, but it's so much like the DC weather I might as well stay home. We get a little hotter,at 100 degrees, but you got us on humidity, we only go about 98%.

Back