Canopying

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canopychick

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Anyone know some good forums for rec climbing or "canopying"? I've been searching around but haven't come up with a lot.

Thanks!

E

We have been teld it is bad net-iquettte around these parts to give addresses of competing forums; under pain of banishmeant from this kingdom.

Last edited:
"Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg
thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul!"

Kenny, whut in the world does that mean? It looks foreign... :dizzy:

MasterBlaster said:
"Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg
thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul!"

Kenny, whut in the world does that mean? It looks foreign... :dizzy:

OMG, you guys kill me! :p

Wow, i din't know those addresses would make it thru the dreaded filter!

A Elbereth Gilthoniel,
silivren penna mírial
o menel aglar elenath!
Na-chaered palan-díriel
o galadhremmin ennorath,
Fanuils, le linnathon
nef aear, sí nef aearon!

O! Elbereth who lit the stars, from glittering crystal slanting falls with light like jewels from heaven on high the glory of the starry host. To lands remote I have looked afar, and now to thee, Fanuilos, bright spirit clothed in ever-white, I here will sing beyond the Sea, beyond the wide and sundering Sea."

Famous Passage:
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg
thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul!

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring
to bring them all and in the darkness that bind them!

Tolkein Elkin Translation: 3 rings, for 11 Kings

Last edited:
Oddly enough alot of us "pro" climbers spend free time climbing recreationally as well. It's great to go out and be able to actually just hang around and enjoy the view, no noise or pressure to do anything but CHILL.

Canopy, if you're ever up for it the view from Mt. Dougal is most excellent.

I just need to work on my foot lock for the ITCC. Its starting to warm up and I dont DRT foot lock as much as I should to be ready for the climbing comp. As far as the throw ball event. Im spot on. I will challenge anyone in the Rocky Mountain chapter to bet a Guiness on each throw on any tree.

Kenn

Didn't I make a post on here about where to get more info? Where'd that go?

What's going on here?

My post was deleted also, nobody told me why.

Last edited:
Thanks everybody, all this was really helpful. I think I'm going to the corner, too, LOL. It never occurred to me that forums actually "compete." Is it like a beauty contest? :)

Tom-

i've always thought that some folks had a lysdexic view; of witch word came first in the enphrasemeant "Tree Buisness". i meant to say the other day when this came up; that you obviously know what order the words are arrainged in, and follow through; even lead by those priorities. That's a big differance i think.

Direction of force (as all ways), being all important; even the direction force of your own intent into action.

'Been some good years!
-KC

Links to and/or mentioning other Green Industry forum sites are not permitted at ArboristSite.com.

Feel free to answer canopychicks question via PM. That's your business. Just don't post links on the forum. The reason for this rule is that we want topics related to the industry to be discussed here. This will allow our members to find the information without having to be sent all over the internet.

Darin said:
Links to and/or mentioning other Green Industry forum sites are not permitted at ArboristSite.com.

... The reason for this rule is that we want topics related to the industry to be discussed here.
Darin,

Please consider creating a forum specifically for recreational tree climbers here. The links in the posts that were deleted were links to forums created specifically for recreational tree climbing.

Thanks.

"You are correct, sir!"
johnny.jpg

Back