Cant believe im gonna say it.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good to hear a solid ending to this. now I would make sure that the new buyer knows the importance of maintenance and proper pre-mix so that he will not be coming back in a week or two with a gassed saw.
He has other smaller saws. But if he or anyone else I sell a saw to straight gases it, that's on them. I would never take a saw back if they did that, I may offer to repair it with the understanding of cost (labor and parts) but NOT for free. One thing I learned is worse, is selling a saw to a friend. I have one that I sold to and all he does is break it and bring it back saying "its garbage" he brought it back last time with the thing rusted up(said he left it in the back of his pickup bed), pull string broken for the 2nd time and after breaking it down when I couldnt understand why the chain was constantly engaged with the crank, I discovered he broke the clutch and it was also rusted to the drum and the rails on the bar were so worn in that when I had to dress it with a file I filed off a strip of steel like a string. I will NEVER sell to a friend again. I charged him for parts only $20 and he still gave me a hard time with the attitude I sold him a **** saw. regardless its a 55cc Craftsman (real nice used saw) but all his issues are operator related. The best is he asked if he could "borrow" one of mine while his was being fixed. Said he needed it to cut up Stockade fence after he removes them from peoples houses!!! LMAO I SAID NO WAY!!!!!

I find that the older I get, the lighter the saw I like to use. I find myself using my little echo more and more. This was originally a project saw (Well OK, two saws to make one good one) to teach my son about engines, but it's becoming one of my favorites. Its so light, it feels like a toy, and with a muffler mod, it goes pretty good for a small cc saw. I also use a narrow kerf bar/chain which helps it cut a little faster too.

I hear you there. We have a couple of the cs-520's. I prefer the 18in set up in standard 325, something like 10lbs ready to go.

This is my friend operating the saw
40e0b55d7e3e7fa8e0e2608d97ec5335.gif

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you sold your 441 because you didn't like how it performed with a bad chain?!
No not just the chain, but taking the saw out gave me the opportunity to make my mind up about which saw to keep because they are both in similar class. I had to make a decision and like the way the 576 performs over the 441. I thought I would NEVER part with that saw and said and always will say how it is a great saw, but I made my mind up to go all orange.

Back