ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Cast Iron Cookware

joe25DA

Addicted to ArboristSite
If it was up to me I’d go back to white appliances. Not a fan of stainless but that’s what she likes. White enamel cleans easy and takes a good shine. The glass top is fine, burnt on stuff cleans easy with an sos or sharp flat razor. I do like cooking with gas over electric tho

pbilly

ArboristSite Operative
i have a number of old cast iron and it is very clear that they were sanded or ground smooth at the factory with a wheel that was the same size as the inside bottom of the panand the edges gave been ground smooth of the casting makrs probably. if i could have a stone that was flat and the same size as my pan i would use one for sure. I have a lodge pan from the 60z and there is a lot of materiel that could be taken out of the bottom which would make it weigh less and have a smooth surface.

EchoRomeoCharlie

EchoRomeoCharlie

ArboristSite Guru
i have a number of old cast iron and it is very clear that they were sanded or ground smooth at the factory with a wheel that was the same size as the inside bottom of the panand the edges gave been ground smooth of the casting makrs probably. if i could have a stone that was flat and the same size as my pan i would use one for sure. I have a lodge pan from the 60z and there is a lot of materiel that could be taken out of the bottom which would make it weigh less and have a smooth surface.
Plenty of people have made new lodge cast iron smooth as glass with an orbital sander and elbow grease.