CBN Grinder Wheel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBP

ArboristSite Operative
Anybody on here sell them? Edge & Engine no longer sells them. The Dynasaw from Baileys is more than I care to spend. Diamond Wheel doesn't show a cyclone style & I think that's what I prefer. I'm waiting on a call back from them to see if they custom make them. I know some of you have had them for a few years now. What should I get & where can I get it. Thanks, any input is welcome.

showrguy

showrguy

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Diamond Wheel will make you one. Last one i had made was $105
i just had mine replated by them (they made the original in 2009), and it was damm near that much...
and the new sales guy for my area aughta be/gotta be a blonde, cause he's dumb as a rock !!!

ussuming were talking about the same company, now called radiac..

Matt81

Matt81

Bliss: Saw full of fuel and yard full of trees!
Anybody on here sell them? Edge & Engine no longer sells them. The Dynasaw from Baileys is more than I care to spend. Diamond Wheel doesn't show a cyclone style & I think that's what I prefer. I'm waiting on a call back from them to see if they custom make them. I know some of you have had them for a few years now. What should I get & where can I get it. Thanks, any input is welcome.

I've never used one because i get great results from the Oregon wheels that came with my 511ax. I have also used and liked the Pal Maxi brand and Molemab brand wheels.
If the price was not so high i would be very interested to try CBN wheels out. Only issue i have is that i need to grind 3/8" lo pro and .325" and 3/8" and it gets very expensive needing more than one wheel size.

On a separate note, does the Edge & Engine online store work anymore? I used to buy stuff from him regularly but for a long time (1-2 years) i have not been able to access the online store. It says down for maintenance or excess traffic?

super3

super3

Addicted to ArboristSite
mine has the holes and slots..
made for a stihl usg grinder,w/12mm. hole/arbor
it was 135.00 in 2009
was made by us diamond wheel, now called radiac..

+1
Yep, they will make whatever type and size you need.

I've never used one because i get great results from the Oregon wheels that came with my 511ax. I have also used and liked the Pal Maxi brand and Molemab brand wheels.
If the price was not so high i would be very interested to try CBN wheels out. Only issue i have is that i need to grind 3/8" lo pro and .325" and 3/8" and it gets very expensive needing more than one wheel size.

How many standard wheels will you go through in 5-7 years.
The CBN's pay for themselves.

skippysphins

skippysphins

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
mine has the holes and slots..
made for a stihl usg grinder,w/12mm. hole/arbor
it was 135.00 in 2009
was made by us diamond wheel, now called radiac..
Shower are these the wheels you were referring to about making a square ground for the USG? How would you go about making a profile for what I am looking for.
Ty
Chris

lambs

lambs

Stihl crazy after all these years
Mine has holes and slots in it, and you can look through their catalog and pick out the profile you want for the wheel. My profile is "1FF1" I think. But it's been a few years since I got it, so things may have changed.

Matt81

Matt81

How many standard wheels will you go through in 5-7 years. The CBN's pay for themselves.

Not that many actually. I set my grinder up correctly and only kiss the tooth and keep the wheel dressed and clean. I have been getting great wear on my standard wheels. I have only gone through one 3/8" wheel in 2 years and am still on my first Oregon .325" wheel. I use the grinder at least once a week to touch up 3-4 chains.

CBN wheels here are over $220. I get discount prices on Pal maxi wheels at $12- $15 each. Not cost effective. Like i said if the CBN wheels were considerably cheaper and better value for money i would not hesitate to try one.

Matt81

Matt81

The online store is closed & when I talked to Kyle it didn't sound like it would be reopened.

Oh Ok. That's a bit of a bummer. Maybe i will have to try to get in contact over email with him as i need lots of spares and miscellaneous parts mainly for Dolmar, and he was my go to guy when i needed Dolmar spares.

showrguy

showrguy

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Shower are these the wheels you were referring to about making a square ground for the USG? How would you go about making a profile for what I am looking for.
Ty
Chris
yes chris, it is,
they will make you a wheel any profile you want, so i see no reason why you could'nt square grind a chain on a conventional style grinder like the usg..

Philbert

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
. AS Supporting Member.

Latest posts