• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

CENTRAL PA GTG. October 26,2019. (nuthin fancy)

NIP Group
chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
ugh that 271... thats a good saw if you dont expect much. I have to add to the sig... two 015av's come home with me from the GTG.
I did up a chain for my neighbors grandsons 271, it had no problem pulling a 20" 325 chain, and it sipped fuel, not the worse saw I've ran.
The good thing is you'll never sell it ;).

MustangMike

MustangMike

Addicted to ArboristSite
That is true regarding an 044 vs a 372, but I would not make that bet against a 460 or a good running Hybrid.

Of course, you are welcome to bring one to any GTG I go to and we can compare! At the Upstate NY GTG we had a very hard 18" White Oak cant and were all running 24" Stihl RSL (off the roll square file) chain.

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
That is true regarding an 044 vs a 372, but I would not make that bet against a 460 or a good running Hybrid.

Of course, you are welcome to bring one to any GTG I go to and we can compare! At the Upstate NY GTG we had a very hard 18" White Oak cant and were all running 24" Stihl RSL (off the roll square file) chain.
I was thinking of racing, 18" hardwood isn't the typical race wood :surprised3:.
How did they compare up there. I wasn't talking about an 044, but a 460, and as I was saying I meant racing.
I don't think I've ever ran a hybrid(so I can't say), but someone may remind me I have :dizzy:, but I have sold a few 460 cylinders to guys building them and I remember that :).

MustangMike

MustangMike

Addicted to ArboristSite
In a softwood cant I believe you would be correct, but all the guys who were running 8 pin rims in that White Oak cant were not pleased that they did. That thing was tough, a real hardwood competition!

Hybrids can run very fast, and often have trouble running out of fuel. I had to put .070 jet carbs on mine. The smaller 440 case acts just like a crank stuffer. They have to be ported just right to have the torque of the ported 460s.

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
In a softwood cant I believe you would be correct, but all the guys who were running 8 pin rims in that White Oak cant were not pleased that they did. That thing was tough, a real hardwood competition!

Hybrids can run very fast, and often have trouble running out of fuel. I had to put .070 jet carbs on mine. The smaller 440 case acts just like a crank stuffer. They have to be ported just right to have the torque of the ported 460s.
I remember seeing videos in that log, and iirc that was the one they had a list of the times everyone ran.
8 pins don't always help your times in wood that hard with an aggressive chain that's set up for softwood :surprised3:.