CENTRAL PA GTG. October 26,2019. (nuthin fancy)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It probably was. Ben was my go to guy when I first started fixing chainsaws many moons ago. Bought alot of inventory from him when he closed. Still got a couple 2054's, a 036, and a couple of 024's left. I got his Stihl metal sign hanging above my bench. Good dude, I miss just stopping by and shooting the ****. The 2054 I made a 2055 out of. It was a sad day but as long as hes happy I'm happy for him.
I grabbed the 111s that was buried on the shelves. There were a couple other saws I wanted but they were claimed.

It probably was. Ben was my go to guy when I first started fixing chainsaws many moons ago. Bought alot of inventory from him when he closed. Still got a couple 2054's, a 036, and a couple of 024's left. I got his Stihl metal sign hanging above my bench. Good dude, I miss just stopping by and shooting the ****. The 2054 I made a 2055 out of. It was a sad day but as long as hes happy I'm happy for him.
You know Ben too!!!

Yeah, got a 2095 from him too. Sold that one. Wish I could've kept it but I've got enough big saws!!! Lol.
When Cantdog did a 621 build on here the one part that was cracked was the top cover.
I went into Bens and he said he had a NOS cover not sure what saw.......621. I drove it to Maine.

You know Ben!!!!
Did you know Daren Hughes too?
I don't know Daren.

Ben raced a 111S didn’t he?
As far as I know Ben never raced saws. Told me ported saws are a waist of money and square chain a waist of time. So unless he doesn't want people to know I don't think he raced.20190908_175510.jpg He did say he had to fight with the jred rep to get the P/C for this one cause they told him there were no more new ones.20190908_175553.jpg It was a rental. Hard to imagine renting out saws this size.

When Cantdog did a 621 build on here the one part that was cracked was the top cover.
I went into Bens and he said he had a NOS cover not sure what saw.......621. I drove it to Maine.
When he closed we talked about putting the NOS covers and other parts on here. But they were bought up pretty quick. By local guys.

I don't know Daren.

As far as I know Ben never raced saws. Told me ported saws are a waist of money and square chain a waist of time. So unless he doesn't want people to know I don't think he raced.View attachment 758271 He did say he had to fight with the jred rep to get the P/C for this one cause they told him there were no more new ones.View attachment 758272 It was a rental. Hard to imagine renting out saws this size.
Knew he had one.
Daren raced an 075.
But we are talking 20+ years ago.
Back when they were doing saws for Gladfelters.

Should I bring a 111s to the GTG?

The guy that did the build thread on the 621 he built for me.....Cantdog.....gave him a 111S P&C .....NOS.....for a wedding gift

Daren .......Bens Buddy ......got a 111S for a divorce present.......JredS folk......with an S......are a strange bunch

Know Galon too. Hes the financier behind Bill. Never liked Bill. Galon used to do sharpening at his house, I dont think he does that anymore. I dont think Ben used to race either. But he never said much about my ported saws. Just said he'd never own one. I gave him a call earlier but I havent heard back yet..

Know Galon too. Hes the financier behind Bill. Never liked Bill. Galon used to do sharpening at his house, I dont think he does that anymore. I dont think Ben used to race either. But he never said much about my ported saws. Just said he'd never own one. I gave him a call earlier but I havent heard back yet..
Galon got out of it completely. Had another scare with his throat and figured it was from grinding chains and fumes as the shop had no vent setup. Used to stop and talk with him on a regular basis about saws and guns. Never know when the older guys will be gone so if there willing to talk about what they know I'm a good listener.

Missed the rest of this. Bill's a POS. I dont care for him either but theres a stash of hard to find seals and small parts in that shop. Probably stuff Galon had that's still not paid for.

Back