Chainsaw won't start 3 REASONS why!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've gone to GTG and have witnessed the tuning abilities of some of the guys on here that's why it's good to sit back and listen sometimes and there is alot of misinformation on the youtubes. I have watched a guys racing saws and one of the guys said better check your gas it was going lean in that last cut sure enough was about out. Same with filing chains if they rib you take it and learn from it
But, But, that's when they run best. Right before they blow!

The OP wants views on YouTube and doesn't know what he doesn't know.

Until it is demonstrated, one forgets the very great difference that exsists between the merely competent amateur and the truly expert professional......Linus Van Pelt

Yep..."ain't got no gas in it!"

Yep..."ain't got no gas in it!"

One girlfriend of mine had a son who was a bilateral below knee amputee. Wrestling was his sport.
Now imagine being on your knees and the other guy is standing when you start. Distinct disadvantage. His timing had to be perfect to get the takedown. It was pretty good. 19-2 one year.

Anyway. The two coaches and I were watching as he is going for a metal. All of us knowing his only advantage was speed.
The kid is on edge and ready for the refs whistle.

Then the ref says" why can't he just stand up like everyone else?"
The kid does a double take.
One coach and I slowly look at each other wondering if we heard him right.........
The old coach looks at the ref and yells
"Cause the Mid doesn't have any god dam feet!!!"
Ref slowly looks over and tries to act like he wasn't an idiot.

Yeah....it's the obvious sometimes.

That kid had heart.

Love that movie. Laugh every time I see it. Just had to throw it in here somewhere to tease the OP a bit also.

Being a veteran, I've seen more than my share of guys that were injured and recovering from various wounds. It takes a big heart for them to keep their head up, keep pushing and meeting challenges. Kudos to that kid for not being discouraged by d@$#sses like that ref!

It is what it is... I know posting in a place filled with keyboards egos and professionals the like will get some negative attention.... as long as you see it for what it is very basic then it has value to a pro not so much to a forum pro not so much but to a regular guy a homeowner it's just fine and only getting better with the next episode

It is what it is... I know posting in a place filled with keyboards egos and professionals the like will get some negative attention.... as long as you see it for what it is very basic then it has value to a pro not so much to a forum pro not so much but to a regular guy a homeowner it's just fine and only getting better with the next episode
You seem to be the keyboard ego.......you ask some questions and post a video hoping for hits.
Don't post it here if you don't want a critique........
Why wouldn't you just check spark before you change the plug?
Just doing things till something works is ....well......only video kool.

Most saws will not perform well below 110psi. Hard starting, won’t idle properly, underpowered are typical symptoms.:cool:
I'll keep that under my hat.;) Thank you.

I'm sure he knows the answers, he was testing the op. Why does everyone these days with limited knowledge on subjects do 'how to' videos. Once upon a time to offer the masses your expertise you kinda needed to somewhat be an expert yourself. All that's changed these days.
I couldn't have said it better myself.

You seem to be the keyboard ego.......you ask some questions and post a video hoping for hits.
Don't post it here if you don't want a critique........
Why wouldn't you just check spark before you change the plug?
Just doing things till something works is ....well......only video kool.
:cheers:

It was not the content that I found objectionable. Merely the delivery. You were simply too annoying to me to watch the entire vid.
Yeah. If he had someone critique it. Even himself......honestly.
It would have been shorter and not so"LOOK AT ME IM SO KOOL!!!"
Anyone looking at it isn't there to be entertained.
Their freaking saw won't start and they want a fix!!!
Now!!

I'm sure he knows the answers, he was testing the op. Why does everyone these days with limited knowledge on subjects do 'how to' videos. Once upon a time to offer the masses your expertise you kinda needed to somewhat be an expert yourself. All that's changed these days.

Actually I've wondered about this and came up with a theory that makes sense to me.
Give me your opinion.

The larger the group the higher the percentage of idiots it can support
The group has to be a fuctioning group.
Idiots in the Navy(Army,USMC,Air Force)........lots
Idiots in the Navy Seals(Dboys,ForceRecon,Air Commandos(I'm old))...not tolerated.
In a small Job Shop.....not many
In a large factory.......EVERYONE knows who they are. Yet they are tolerated.

In a library .......junk is thrown out usually.

Something as large as the web or get to YouTube.......WOW
And no time to throw it out......

In fact one of the best way to find the right answer to NOT to ask the question.

But state a falsehood about anything. The experts will give you references why you are an idiot.......but you got your answer.

What think you?

No need to check the spark I already knew that plug was fine changed it just for the video.... but I guess that's too much for some to understand lol

Critiques would be great but I haven't actually got anything other than basic belittling nothing along the lines of true critique like I would have not done this but done this or next time don't do this or talk about this imstead of that go into some more detail on compression carburetor care and adjustments etc.... instead I seem to get that's no good with nothing to put behind it so I call it keyboard pounding trolling or what have you I'm definitely down for advice and even point me towards a video you do enjoy so I can get a better idea

Critiques would be great but I haven't actually got anything other than basic belittling nothing along the lines of true critique like I would have not done this but done this or next time don't do this or talk about this imstead of that go into some more detail on compression carburetor care and adjustments etc.... instead I seem to get that's no good with nothing to put behind it so I call it keyboard pounding trolling or what have you I'm definitely down for advice and even point me towards a video you do enjoy so I can get a better idea
Folks should have done that.
Both sides took shots.
But the reaction from the members here is the reaction to the video.
Ask them each what would work.

keyboard pounding trolling
You have made this statement probably a half dozen times in this thread.
So what does that make you? A goof ball that messes with his first chainsaw that grabs his camera to make a shoddy video, that does nothing other than waist youtube server space?
I bet if that saw had either a scored piston/cylinder, bad crank seal or a junk carb you wouldn't have made a video. Instead you would be looking/asking for help, which would have been welcomed.
Some people need to learn there place.

So what does that make you? A goof ball that messes with his first chainsaw that grabs his camera to make a shoddy video, that does nothing other than waist youtube server space?
I bet if that saw had either a scored piston/cylinder, bad crank seal or a junk carb you wouldn't have made a video. Instead you would be looking/asking for help, which would have been welcomed.
There is a saying in my world........
You know you are a Machinist when you know 10% of what you THOUGHT you knew 10 years ago.........

Tell me my place red fir chainsaw master.... please you sir seem to be taking this a little too serious has your pompous ego been threatened.... I have nothing to prove to you you need to know your role your just another guy with an opinion on the other end of a computer.... thanks for the smile fir guy

Tell me my place red fir chainsaw master.... please you sir seem to be taking this a little too serious has your pompous ego been threatened.... I have nothing to prove to you you need to know your role your just another guy with an opinion on the other end of a computer.... thanks for the smile fir guy
LOL No need to get butt hurt dipstick...Keep on Piddling.
And your place would be not making saw repair videos.:dizzy::laugh::dumb:

Back