Chainsaw won't start 3 REASONS why!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL No need to get butt hurt dipstick...Keep on Piddling.
And your place would be not making saw repair videos.:dizzy::laugh::dumb:
He says he wants help but he knows it all.
Yet asks very basic questions. I liked the old Gong Show.....
Ya press a buzzer and they hauled the untalented clown off the stage......gone forever.
Gives NO positive message in the video. Just being a know it all clown.
That's why I like machining.
It's right or wrong. Just measure it.
This clown couldn't comprehend the fine work that can be done.
Beyond his comprehension. He can make a video and I can't.
But I can do what he can't comprehend.
I'll take my world.

He says he wants help but he knows it all.
Yet asks very basic questions. I liked the old Gong Show.....
Ya press a buzzer and they hauled the untalented clown off the stage......gone forever.
Gives NO positive message in the video. Just being a know it all clown.
That's why I like machining.
It's right or wrong. Just measure it.
This clown couldn't comprehend the fine work that can be done.
Beyond his comprehension. He can make a video and I can't.
But I can do what he can't comprehend.
I'll take my world.
You like to call me a clown a lot kinda cute really since I can program that machine with a PLC but again nothing to prove to you and like you said you can't make a video and that's what this thread is about so move on go machine yourself a friend lol you guys that get all serious are funny.....

You like to call me a clown a lot kinda cute really since I can program that machine with a PLC but again nothing to prove to you and like you said you can't make a video and that's what this thread is about so move on go machine yourself a friend lol you guys that get all serious are funny.....

No....it's about what is in the video. That it is a video is a given.

And what machine tools do you program......not the ones I run.
I was taken off the CNC machines to fix others's CNC mistakes on a manual.

And PLC.......for assembly lines.

I was telling the programmer the logic to use on the Allen Bradley for assembly lines before you were born.

Programming like making a video has software to do it.

The important part is what is in the program or video.

But your video looked like this post of yours I quoted. Runon and mushy in the logic. I wouldn't use rapid Z after you write each program.

The OP mentions a new saw repair seriesII video is on the horizon.:numberone: Look I'm not suggesting give up upon 1st failure but why not do a how to video about something your actually really good at, something unrelated to chainsaws that you have knowledge about. Something that would actually help someone. If getting internet click views is your thing, be good at your game and produce a desirable product & you WILL get hits. Otherwise your not only wasting your time but your wasting others who have to wade through junk on the net.​

The OP mentions a new saw repair seriesII video is on the horizon.:numberone: Look I'm not suggesting give up upon 1st failure but why not do a how to video about something your actually really good at, something unrelated to chainsaws that you have knowledge about. Something that would actually help someone. If getting internet click views is your thing, be good at your game and produce a desirable product & you WILL get hits. Otherwise your not only wasting your time but your wasting others who have to wade through junk on the net.​
Nah I'm just not a part of the good ol boys club around here no worries again nothing of value added from here just belittling banter about its not good and I don't know what I'm doing blah blah blah but the saw runs almost as hard as most here are running their mouths :) give me something constructive point out what you don't like don't just jump on the bashing wagon....

I was likely the first member on here to see this vid when posted on here. I laughed til my ribs hurt. I took it as a comic entertainment vid, nothing serious about it. Also I figured it would not be taken lightly here among professionals in this field of work. This site was not the best place for a vid like this to be posted on, most on this site take their profession quite seriously as this is a dedicated chainsaw venue. The OP better get used to the banter from serious individuals on sites like this and others or just stick to making comic vids posting on U Tube for entertainment value.

Nah I'm just not a part of the good ol boys club around here no worries again nothing of value added from here just belittling banter about its not good and I don't know what I'm doing blah blah blah but the saw runs almost as hard as most here are running their mouths :) give me something constructive point out what you don't like don't just jump on the bashing wagon....

To the OP,

Friend, let me help you out a bit. I'm not sure if you are learned in your field, or if you are just full of ego, piss and vinegar. I'm voting for the latter, since I can hardly decipher what you are trying to relay to everyone here. With that out of the way, I'll explain some apparently obvious things you are overlooking and I'll explain why I know these things and stand by what I'm saying. A lot of people frequent this forum from various backgrounds and for various reasons. I would bet that many come here to get answers from very experienced people for needs such as chainsaw repair, what chainsaw to buy and how to remove various woody plants from their property.

So, the first thing you are missing is a lesson in Marketing: audience. Know your audience. You must speak TO your audience, not AT them! You simply are not addressing the correct audience in the correct way. You've chosen a poor forum and poor method in which to market yourself and your video. How do I know? Well, I made a hobby (I say hobby because I don't use any of what I studied as a career) of taking college courses for the past 20 years. Management/Marketing was the second of five degrees. So, when I say what I'm saying to you, it ain't because I'm blowing smoke. You are talking to guys that possibly got their permanent teeth with a chainsaw in their hand. I know I sure did. I grew up cutting pulpwood after school and on weekends for spare cash in the backwoods of Mississippi.

Second, nobody knows you and no matter how much you think you are special--to the guys here, you aren't. So, until folks get to know you, you may want to be humble and speak with them to see what's going here. Don't just pop in like a rooster crowing in the morning. If its attention you want, you will get it and it may not be positive. Most folks here probably don't give a **** about what you are posting on YouTube--they care about what you are posting here.

Third, let's say you are a professional rapper. And I come to your studio forum posting up a 'Hee Haw' style video talking about how to rap. This also ties together with audience. You and your hipster, gangsta, "Def Jam" millennial types will stroke your beards and your egos whilst going straight up my @ss about why I'm telling you how to rap. In other words, the guys here have a lot invested in their professions and hobbies, and it offends them when some lame YouTube personality tries to push his way (like fat guy at a buffet) into a forum which they use to converse, help others and make a living. You have some similarities with some folks here, but it doesn't mean that anyone here will like what you do, nor do they have to. Simple, right?!?!?!

Lastly, don't go piddling up any videos about welding and start telling those guys how to do it. Chainsaw guys are way nicer than welders. The last thing you need is c0&kstrong welder certified in gluing asteroids together with molten metal to break you down and hurt your feelings. Those guys get touchy in a HURRY!!!!

Hope this helps set you off on the correct foot since you seem to have gotten off on the wrong one.

Cheers,

I hope I wasn't stepping on anybody's toes, I just felt the fellow needed some enlightenment.

I've been kicking around the idea of making a few videos. I certainly have a lot of content between the chainsaws, the boat project, the olive trees, welding (building meat smokers), gardening and the jobs I do here (freelance Arborist and Landscaping).

My biggest drawback at the moment is that we're renting the house and it isn't ideal for working when it rains (rainy season here now). I have about a month of olive pruning to do before Easter, so I may get some footage of that and put it up just for fun and education purposes.

Cheers, :cheers:

I hope I wasn't stepping on anybody's toes, I just felt the fellow needed some enlightenment.

I've been kicking around the idea of making a few videos. I certainly have a lot of content between the chainsaws, the boat project, the olive trees, welding (building meat smokers), gardening and the jobs I do here (freelance Arborist and Landscaping).

My biggest drawback at the moment is that we're renting the house and it isn't ideal for working when it rains (rainy season here now). I have about a month of olive pruning to do before Easter, so I may get some footage of that and put it up just for fun and education purposes.

Cheers, :cheers:

Not stepping on toes and I'm not telling anyone here they are doing this or that wrong I simply shared the video if someone has criticism that's fine if they can point out what they'd like to see that's even better.... that's constructive and useful but the good ol boy banter I laugh at and move on this is a public forum and I respect that folks take their profession serious but if that video hurts your feelings pride or ego you've got way bigger problems than me and my Piddling around! Alfa01 if you do start videos make sure and let me know I'd gladly watch, best of luck to you!

Yup that's why we make changes to become better at what we are doing.... the next one will be better than the last and apparently that won't be to hard to achieve....
Keep that attitude Ol Buddy. Don't sell out like Wranglerstar.

Keep us posted.
And add a lol to the end of your statement. Keep it light. Lol

Keep that attitude Ol Buddy. Don't sell out like Wranglerstar.

Keep us posted.
And add a lol to the end of your statement. Keep it light. Lol

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Latest posts

Back