Cowboy cooker

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brianpoundingnails

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I had seen several firepits for cooking. This is my version. Would love to hear your comments and opinions(even the negative ones).
n1.JPG
n1.JPG
n1.JPG
n2.JPG
n1.JPG
n2.JPG
n4.JPG
n5.JPG

Attachments

• n6.JPG
    n6.JPG
    766.2 KB · Views: 6
Cool idea and nice work - but where does the fire go - in the big pan? Isn't that a little close to the wood panels? Planning on charcoal or wood or both?

It is made out of a harrow disc with a rim welded on. There is a removable ash pan underneath the disc. Note handle at front. I've had the biggest fire you could build in it and no problems with scorching. Most of the heat goes straight up. You can use wood or charcoal in it. Here in Texas we use mostly hickory or pecan. I just got hold of some 30" dia discs and will build some bigger ones.

That sure looks neat, but I gotta say "All cooker, no meat"? kinda like "All hat, no cattle"? Throw some meat on that thing, yummy.
Agree 100% with the Milkman. Pics/vids or it didn't happen. Looking forward to seeing some actual cooking/recipes with this...

Back