Different chain ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B Brown

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I've got the Stihl 193T mini saw, runs good, but, crappy chain, who makes one that really works? Brand, type of chain configuration, but, i need one that will actually cut like it should. thanks,

In the 3/8lp or Picco 3/8 the Stihl chain is the best in my experience. It is a bit heavier duty if you take it apart and measure various aspects. If you want a smooth running with smooth finish use the 0.043 gauge stuff 61pmm3. In the 0.050 gauge chain which I think fits the bars those come with try the 63PS or PS3 that is a chisel design cutter. The Oregon 91Px version of 3/8lp in 0.050 has what is trademarked as champher chisel or a spelling close to that. It is the smallest cutter and is worth seeing if you like that. If you can find some vx (as opposed to vxl) it is the same thing but no bumper drive links, probably discontinued, it was also made in Husky label or stamped parts H35? though the cutter length may vary with the same code.

Depends on your chain gauge If it's 050 the PS full chisel Sihl chain is the best cutting longer time "Twixt sharpening I its"scruffy" wood the PM "semi chisel would probably serve you better

Back