Does a 075 need a breathable fuel cap? Mine leaks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
There’s a tiny hole in the top on my cap and if you turn the saw on the left side it leaks. Wasnt leaking on the right but today it starting a little bit with the saw on the right. I was thinking I could make my own cap or just get the right cap. Not sure why it’s leaking. Any ideas?

The fuel tank vents through the cap and there are a couple versions of how that's achieved. They eventually leak over time. If yours is like one in the following illustration it should be an easy fix. The version on the right will have a pink rubber piece (#20) which is replaceable and still an available part. 15 and 16 are a grub screw approach that simply screws into the side if the cap. 21 and 14 are different caps to accommodate the different types of venting. There is also at least one older version that I'm aware of that isn't serviceable and requires the cap be replaced if it begins to leak. I believe there may be an aftermarket replacement cap and there are usually a few OEM caps on the bay at any given time.

Untitled.jpg

My pleasure. Good luck with it. Here's a good thread on the 1111 series saws ( if you haven't run across it already) that covers just about everything one way or another. Lots of pics from early posts were lost in a site hack a few years ago but there is still a ton of good info on these saws if you ever need to dig into yours.

https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/050-051-075-076-info-thread.169996/

Back