Egan Straight Shot Muffler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lohan808

Powersaw addict
Reaction score
Looking at this product for my MS660. Anybody got any experience and/ or info on these?

I have one on my 462 and my 044. I like them, seem to pep them up a little bit, but if you don’t normally wear ear pro it’ll make you change your stance on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Started wearing the ear defenders when I realized the wife was throwing stuff at me to get my attention. I agree with wearing it.

This stainless muffler craze cracks me up.
Huh. What's the purpose of using stainless? To keep the heat in the cylinder? Packing the fins with fiberglass would probably work better, and be cheaper...

I know from tigging it that stainless also warps like a biotch with heat, due to its poor thermal conductivity. I wonder how that would work out in a muffler.

Seems like a stainless muffler is a solution in search of a problem. I put a dual-port on my 660 and then opened it up some more with a 3/4" pipe. Now it sounds like an RM80 and pulls almost as hard. :chainsaw:

I had one come in on a clone 660 that had bern used heavily for about 6 months, the guy said his bark box broke in a week and the Egan was going right along. Its rowdy...hearing protection is an absolute must. But i did a dual port and egan on it with retune between...the egan let me put more load on it with a 32 bar, full comp, buried in oak, without bogging. The dp cover was a little more sensitive to it.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back