FarmerTec Huztl MS660 Updated Build Kit - Build Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like their aware of the problem and not sure how to fix it or unwilling to redo the mold so it works. Guess we’ll see

My carb has that and it doesn't do anything on mine either. The my in-laws farm is very small, so no av gas. When I say small, I am talking a total of about 50 acres, about 30 that is tillable. They do crop sharing with their nephews, who farm a couple thousand acres. The gas I run is nothing but 92 octane Ethanol Free fuel. The place I get it at has individual nozzles for each grade of fuel they sell. All my small engines and outboard get that 92 octane ethanol free fuel. I pour my small cans of fuel, once it is older, into my daily driver and then get fresh. My daily driver is old enough that it doesn't bother it to run mixed in it. If it starts giving that truck crap, then I will put it into my other truck and I know it won't bother that one.

I add marvel oil to my cars gas. Both have over 100000 and I think it helps prolong their life so if I had left over I would not hesitate to pour it in my tank. I have about 12 motomix cans I mix and refill. I found two that were two years old. I emptied them in a glass jar and the fuel was dry and intact. I use av100 now. But the regular non has lasted a long time. Those cans are nice to take with you. Much better than a pour can for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I was just thinking, has anyone had issues with starting their saws and the high idle issue not being fixed, during the winter month's? I haven't done anything with my high idle not working and starting, since I built my saw. I am just asking since we are starting to have some serious bi-polar temps here and will probably be doing some cutting this fall/winter.

Mine doesn't start well at all, 10-15 pulls. I don't know how it will do in cooler weather.
I was just thinking, has anyone had issues with starting their saws and the high idle issue not being fixed, during the winter month's? I haven't done anything with my high idle not working and starting, since I built my saw. I am just asking since we are starting to have some serious bi-polar temps here and will probably be doing some cutting this fall/winter.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Mine doesn't start well at all, 10-15 pulls. I don't know how it will do in cooler weather.

Mine is usually running within about 6 pulls, as is right now. I just wasn't sure if I need to be worrying about fixing the high idle issue, before the temps really drop. I wonder if part of my not having issues, is the fact that I am not running a decomp. Just a thought.

If it does not concerned you, winter is not going to effect it. Your shoulder is what misses the decomp.

Mine is usually running within about 6 pulls, as is right now. I just wasn't sure if I need to be worrying about fixing the high idle issue, before the temps really drop. I wonder if part of my not having issues, is the fact that I am not running a decomp. Just a thought.

chainsaw kits and packing lists
http://thechainsawkitguy.com
http://YouTube.com/c/the1chainsawguy

I agree with Bedford. I noticed no difference in the way my saws(660's) start in the winter and summer. I don't have "high idle" and not because I "can't" fix it, but because I "haven't" fixed it, or needed to. Mine pop within 2 pulls and are running within 5-6.

I hate to say this, but it sounds like it isn't holding the fuel charge in the system "well". If you have the ability to pressure test the fuel circuit, I would do it. Also, I would vac/pressure test the top end as well. You could be losing vacuum and not pulling the fuel charge well enough. Start with the simple stuff. Check the impulse line. Check to make sure the carb is seated well. Check tank vent. Get rid of the kit fuel filter and put on an OEM.

I just figured I would ask, since this is my first go with this kit and with a 660 as well. If it isn't going to affect starting it in the winter, I will probably just let it go as it doesn't bother me as is now.

I hate to say this, but it sounds like it isn't holding the fuel charge in the system "well". If you have the ability to pressure test the fuel circuit, I would do it. Also, I would vac/pressure test the top end as well. You could be losing vacuum and not pulling the fuel charge well enough. Start with the simple stuff. Check the impulse line. Check to make sure the carb is seated well. Check tank vent. Get rid of the kit fuel filter and put on an OEM.
Don't be afraid to say anything. It used to crank a little better than that, but not much better. I did all the tests when I put it together and I haven't even cut anything with it yet. It's had about a tank and a half if fuel through it just heat cycling and listening to it run.

Don't be afraid to say anything. It used to crank a little better than that, but not much better. I did all the tests when I put it together and I haven't even cut anything with it yet. It's had about a tank and a half if fuel through it just heat cycling and listening to it run.
One of mine got a good workout today. I've noticed that the clutch has gotten a tiny bit weaker. I'm gonna upgrade to the Oregon package. I probably have 50 tanks through this one.

Attachments

• 15390268416612441547259936065647.jpg
    15390268416612441547259936065647.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 29
One of mine got a good workout today. I've noticed that the clutch has gotten a tiny bit weaker. I'm gonna upgrade to the Oregon package. I probably have 50 tanks through this one.

I hope to try my hand at milling with mine if the weather ever cools down. I hate hot weather. It's turns a fun project to a pain in the rear for me.

Seems like the direction my business is going. We have a woodworking business and started milling to build a barn, and now everyone around us wants stuff milled. I've been booked milling for 2 months solid. I'm milling all the lumber for a 12x16 shed right now.

Back