firewood tractors

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Al, All of our firewood is cut and dry for this season, I'm cutting for the future now...

SR

This mornings work. Had the top blow out of a tree last winter and wanted to get it out of the woods before the rain returns and the ground gets soft. It's raining pretty good now, nothing like waiting till the last minute! ;)

Anyway here is the tree in question. It is still standing for now, I just hauled the top out of the woods so I could make firewood out of it!

by wood4heat on Arboristsite.com

Got the dog supervising:

Short logs coming out:

And the days haul. I can cut it into rounds right here and haul them up to the house to stack. The Kubota and Stihl make a solid team!

This mornings work. Had the top blow out of a tree last winter and wanted to get it out of the woods before the rain returns and the ground gets soft. It's raining pretty good now, nothing like waiting till the last minute! ;)

Anyway here is the tree in question. It is still standing for now, I just hauled the top out of the woods so I could make firewood out of it!

Got the dog supervising:

Short logs coming out:

And the days haul. I can cut it into rounds right here and haul them up to the house to stack. The Kubota and Stihl make a solid team!

I like the short distance to the house, and looking at the size of your place, that should be enough firewood for the next 5 years! :)

Big sky day here today [emoji4]
ebbec14dcee71fc06f4b76a184f3a504.jpg
d849572e8ff19a63081e4d7d5417ea57.jpg

I don't usually do things like this, but I was splitting some short elm rounds that got got stacked on a pallet this spring. Figured I'd might as well split them right into a crate, since I had one handy. rps20171023_051410.jpg

I remember Trick or Treating in a snowstorm as a kid when we lived in Onslow and now I'm driving down the road at 60 with the windows open and no heat on , T-shirt all weekend ,,, Sure was a nice weekend lol

I remember Trick or Treating in a snowstorm as a kid when we lived in Onslow and now I'm driving down the road at 60 with the windows open and no heat on , T-shirt all weekend ,,, Sure was a nice weekend lol
a lot can change in 7 days. we have snow in the forecast for Thursday evening and Friday morning

I know I am NOT! I have come to enjoy these 70* October days and 50* nights :) Bit alas, it will come whether we are ready or not. I can't be too upset as I make a few bucks plowing too :)
got a double nice today... a down the street neighbor wants a cord of 2 year old red oak and a new plow customer all in one shot... so hope its a snowy winter since I don't need to travel to far.

close but never really ready. this cooler weather has brought out my least favorite season... batteries and tires along with other misc vehicle problems. seems every time i start something theres a new problem
mine are, rear exhaust to the muffler, rear anti locking break light stays on, right 4x4 knuckle is snapping/popping, tranny seems to be slow? maybe fluid?? nothing real bad but still don't seem to have time to "Fix Or Repair Daily".... LOLIMG_7166.JPG

mine are, rear exhaust to the muffler, rear anti locking break light stays on, right 4x4 knuckle is snapping/popping, tranny seems to be slow? maybe fluid?? nothing real bad but still don't seem to have time to "Fix Or Repair Daily".... LOLView attachment 608694
oh i have plenty of the "its not completely broken yet" things to fix too. i usually let them go til i get to the "well we knew this was going to give out sooner or later" moment hits

Here's my Kubota setting some of my new firewood racks in place. Thanks to @Sawyer Rob for some design ideas for the racks. Each holds a little less than 40% of a cord. I'm stacking one row of 32" splits about 3' high, and the racks are 6' long. The wood will be used in my syrup cooker, but if I run short of stove lengths, I can run the saw right down the middle and make them 16".
rps20171029_193121_405.jpg

What size is your ‘bota? I’m looking for something used in the mx series with a fel. Need to be able to load firewood into a 6ton dump trailer or f350 dump truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine's an MX 4700. It's been a great tractor so far. About 350 hours on the clock since we got it almost 4 years ago. Only thing I wish it had was the telescoping 3 point arms, which came standard on the 5100. Since i bought ours, I have two friends who've bought MXs, one was a 5200, and one 5800. I haven't heard of any buyer's remorse from either of them.

Well now talking to a friend about firewood tractors. He has a international 460 utility loader backhoe tractor he is willing to sell me for $1000. I told him I want in a position currently to purchase his tractor ( no place to store it until I start building my house). but I would really consider it. Any advice on these machines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back