GREAT TIME TODAY

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bear1998

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Went to Farmer Steves today to help split some hickory today..(I hope he's happy with my help...lol)
It wasn't all the splittin that made the day....it was the camaraderie we shared!! Drove away with a load of hickory that made me happy! Hope to do this again....steves sheep gave birth today n here's the outcome....awesome in my book!.....
0412181157.jpg

Trying to figure out what's more awesome.....the birth of a little lamb " love animals " or a load of hickory. :)
both are right up there near the top. i raised that lambs mother from a lamb with a bottle (read 24/7 for about 2 weeks). the hickory was some serious work too.

Talking camaraderie, saw free wood on CL this morning, so grabbed Stihl 170, and PM 55, tossed O & G AND, my mechanic in the truck.. Was only about 10 blocks so truck only, and mechanic!! Was already in rounds, somewhat, so never noticed he had put saws under the bed, just about dead nuts under tow hitch. We filled the truck and couldn't get the little Stihl out from under. The last probably 250-300 pounds were sitting on the handle and could almost hear it moan. Kudos to Stihl.. Jacked the truck off the saw and would never know. That is one tough little saw

Talking camaraderie, saw free wood on CL this morning, so grabbed Stihl 170, and PM 55, tossed O & G AND, my mechanic in the truck.. Was only about 10 blocks so truck only, and mechanic!! Was already in rounds, somewhat, so never noticed he had put saws under the bed, just about dead nuts under tow hitch. We filled the truck and couldn't get the little Stihl out from under. The last probably 250-300 pounds were sitting on the handle and could almost hear it moan. Kudos to Stihl.. Jacked the truck off the saw and would never know. That is one tough little saw

Wish my really nice ported 460 had faired that well after I accidentally ran it over with the delimber.

Wish my really nice ported 460 had faired that well after I accidentally ran it over with the delimber.
I forgot where I was heading with that.. Camaraderie..,, o-ya.. Me and the mechanic need to bond, I guess.. We're both idiots, but he's a bigger idiot.. Can fix trucks when not in jail, but does not know his way around a saw

I forgot where I was heading with that.. Camaraderie..,, o-ya.. Me and the mechanic need to bond, I guess.. We're both idiots, but he's a bigger idiot.. Can fix trucks when not in jail, but does not know his way around a saw
I think delimbers weigh a couple pounds.. I never hit anything going forward, but in reverse? Different story. I swear people move things on me, like posts, fences, and buildings..

Back