Here she is fellas

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I'm happy, but not happy. When I ordered it I requested a rim drive and a yellow chain. It got here with a spur sprocket and a PMM3 chain. They wouldn't even let me trade to a PS3 chain. Repeated that it was Stihl rules it had to leave with a safety chain.

I've emailed Stihl about this issue already.

I swapped my spur 7 pin for an 8 pin rim and this change makes it an even better saw. I modded the muffler as well, plus probably going to get some light porting done as well.

Sent from my SM-G389F using Tapatalk

Well I'm happy, but not happy. When I ordered it I requested a rim drive and a yellow chain. It got here with a spur sprocket and a PMM3 chain. They wouldn't even let me trade to a PS3 chain. Repeated that it was Stihl rules it had to leave with a safety chain.

I've emailed Stihl about this issue already.
Not true. My dealer sent me out the door with PS (not PS3) on my 241 when new.

Congrats on the purchase!

Our dealer says he has to assemble it and check it over before it goes out the door.

Steve

The ordered two. The guy I ordered mine through was assembling one as we got there. The mechanic who knew me came in and said I've got his saw all ready down in the shop. So I ended up getting the one that was already put together.

Thanks for all the congrats guys. How well will the PMM3 cut? Do I need to buy another chain already?

Those parts are what they come with. If you want something different, you're going to have to purchase them and install them yourself. That's just how it is.

Brad I greatly respect you and don't want to argue, but..... In the owners manual it says you can get it with a spur drive or rim drive and had a picture showing both disassembled.

Brad I greatly respect you and don't want to argue, but..... In the owners manual it says you can get it with a spur drive or rim drive and had a picture showing both disassembled.
Your manual isn't necessarily showing options available when new, but options that can be installed on the saw. We've already been down the road of how these saws come when new. Why are you surprised when your saw comes exactly as expected. I'm sure your dealer will sell you the parts you want.

Your manual isn't necessarily showing options available when new, but options that can be installed on the saw. We've already been down the road of how these saws come when new. Why are you surprised when your saw comes exactly as expected. I'm sure your dealer will sell you the parts you want.

Thank you Brad. I'm sending you a Pm.

As discussed previously in your other thread here, https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/ms241-c-m-b-c-options.317412/, when you buy a new MS241C, the ONLY option you get is what bar length you want. They do NOT come with a rim drive from the factory. Yes, it's an option that can be bought and installed. Same thing with the chain. They come with what they come with. If the dealer chooses to swap out the chain for one of your choice, he's doing that as a favor. It is not standard procedure.

Now I'm very upset. The second saw they ordered like mine had the correct chain. The mechanic who put mine together put a 0.043" gauge chain on a saw with a 0.050" gauge bar! The PMM3 is only rated at 2 hp and meant for the 170 and 180. He said they forgot to send a chain so he took one off the shelf! They won't even compensate me for the drive to go back and trade it! They are meeting me halfway to give me a 63PM55 chain. But the mechanic tried to screw me over. . I'm ****ing pissed!

Latest posts

Back