high heel logger boots

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
White's boots and Nick's boots are the top brands. Wesco is another brand that many people like. If you are going to spend $400.00 on a pair of boots order up the fitting kit from the maker. Better yet fly to Spokane and have them fitted. I have several pairs of White's, some I bought off ebay but I know what I'm looking at.

I have a blown out left knee and wearing White's has been a godsend to me. The arch is substantial and feels great though I don't wear them on concrete because of the increased impact. After I got hurt at work and wore civilian clothes I got special permission to wear my White's lace up packers at work. With Wranglers of course.

Yup. That says it all. Good post.

White's are a new lease on trashed knees.
3rd rebuild on the work pair, 2nd rebuild on the 'nicer' pair.
5-6 years between rebuilds.

Lot a people go spendy on good saws.
Think about spending some of that spendy on good boots that fit.
One of the few 'smarter' things that I've stumble into, lol.

right now i have carolina ,boots arent bad but have no insoles

best pair i have ever owned or ever put my feet in were GEORGIA BOOT ,now i dunno what/how i ended up with the pair i did they were a gift BUT DAMN ,they lasted 4 years of heavy use then the heal came off ,like i said have no clue why i ended up witht he pair i had but they have 3 insoles THREE ,they lasted almost as long as the boots

they fit right into one another nobody else seemed to get those insoles and alot of guys around here had georgia boot at that time they were 220$

I gotta agree - I bourht a pair of Georgia logger boots years ago, and they lasted like iron and were always comfortable to wear.

Darn I miss them too....

You usually get what you pay for with quality work boot brands. I used to own a shoe repair shop and I can attest to what's "inside" these boots that make em comfortable. Most quality work boots have a 1" wide steel shank(that's where your arch support comes from) which is pretty good for most people. The Whites and Wescos have additional support that goes across the entire sole and extends up to the base of your toes. These boots definitely have the best support you can get. I live in Illinois and rebuilt these boots for Ameren utility workers. They like them for climbing on them spikes that stick out of some power poles around here which I assume would be similar to climbing spikes? That large support structure in the boot keeps that small piece of metal you're standing on from pressing up into your foot causing it to hurt over time. If you're going to be on the ground all the time and you want "high heel boot" ask about the shank width(go for at least and 1") I sold Red Wings, Carolina and some Georiga's. All of these brands are quality if you get the USA versions. In my opinion I'd make sure the soles are sewn on not (direct attach) and the heels are nailed on(you should be able to see little nails head in the holes in the bottom of the heel.

i should of been more clear, they whites and wescos dont have steel shanks at all if i remember right but there is a piece in there that is made out of a sturdy, almost a fiber board material and it goes all the way across and lengthwise up to the base of the toes. sorry about that. I was trying to make a comparison between those and the steel shank boots like RedWing, Carolina and such.

i wrote it because i agree with your post. Saw so many people that came in from many different trades that spend top dollar on all the tools for their trade but often forgot to spend some quality money on their footwear that saves your knees and back over the long run

i wrote it because i agree with your post. Saw so many people that came in from many different trades that spend top dollar on all the tools for their trade but often forgot to spend some quality money on their footwear that saves your knees and back over the long run

Yep that is what good boots are all about. Providing the proper arch so your back and knees can do their job at the proper angle. I love wearing Uggs and romeos but they have allowed my arch to break down so that I now have plantar faciaitis.

I wear Caterpillar Indiana's, 8", gecko traction, real comfy, great for climbing, the soles have great traction,they don't get stuck. Local farm implement is only place that has them around here. About 100 bucks. Never had the logger boots, tried some on once, don't think I could get used to the "High Heels"!

Yep that is what good boots are all about. Providing the proper arch so your back and knees can do their job at the proper angle. I love wearing Uggs and romeos but they have allowed my arch to break down so that I now have plantar faciaitis.

All 3 of my daughters wear UGGS, whats your story......never mind, don't ask, don't tell.:hmm3grin2orange:

They use to make a lotof the Chippewa's about 30 miles NE of where I live.
They are owned by Justin now. I just bought my oldest son a pair of 10" chip's with the taller heel, prolly a 1.5-2" they are lined and waterproof but I didn't get the steel toe, vibram sole for 110.00 at the Justin outlet at Joplin, Mo.
Justin has factory owned outlets at Joplin and Monett, Mo. where they carry a extensive line of Chip and Justin work boots at a fraction of the regular price.
I would go find the size and style I needed and call one of the outlets up, buy it with a cc and have them ship the boots to you. The only thing wrong with the boots they sell is cosmetic blemishes, most of the time you have a hard time even telling were it is. A little scratch, uneven dye on the heel compared to the
toe. After I recover from what the wife spent on xmas, I think I'm going to buy a set of the Chip's they seem to be the same quality of my USA made Danner's.

Wearing something with a logger heel takes a little getting used to but are OK in my books after you break them in.

Bought a pair of Hoffman's last year and love them. Talk about a long 2 months to break them in. I had callus' on the top and back of my feet. Still pinch in front alittle but they fit like gloves now. Can't see going back to a regular work boot. They just don't last with me. I have a feeling that the Hoffman's are going to last a long time. They are built to last forsure and worth the money.

Get them in Canada, or stateside? If Canada, what's the source?

TIA

Bought a pair of Hoffman's last year and love them. Talk about a long 2 months to break them in. I had callus' on the top and back of my feet. Still pinch in front alittle but they fit like gloves now. Can't see going back to a regular work boot. They just don't last with me. I have a feeling that the Hoffman's are going to last a long time. They are built to last forsure and worth the money.

Get them in Canada, or stateside? If Canada, what's the source?

TIA

I believe I got them from Wesspur and they shipped to the door. Its better to pick up from the states rather than getting charged duty. Their theives those brokers..
They are great boots and will last you a long time. I was going through a pair every 6 to 8 months. These I can see getting 2or 3 yrs forsure.

Last edited:
Thanks! I hear ya on Brokers, that's why I won't deal with any company that won't ship via USPS as their broker fee is $5, while couriers can charge up to 30% of the cost of the shipped item's cost. Actually, there are 3 class-action lawsuits in Canada against UPS, Purolator, and Fedex about this. I've been lucky on Duty, very seldom been charged for it (duty and brokerage fees are not the same thing). On nipping into the States, little difficult as the closest border crossing is around 800K away. I know some companies have "Cdn. Divisions" that get around all of this. Bailey's does, but I've never had any luck with them, tried placing 4 orders this year, and only one was successful, they were always out of stock, or some such BS.

I believe I got them from Wesspur and they shipped to the door. Its better to pick up from the states rather than getting charged duty. Their theives those brokers..
They are great boots and will last you a long time. I was going through a pair every 6 to 8 months. These I can see getting 2or 3 yrs forsure.

Thanks! I hear ya on Brokers, that's why I won't deal with any company that won't ship via USPS as their broker fee is $5, while couriers can charge up to 30% of the cost of the shipped item's cost. Actually, there are 3 class-action lawsuits in Canada against UPS, Purolator, and Fedex about this. I've been lucky on Duty, very seldom been charged for it (duty and brokerage fees are not the same thing). On nipping into the States, little difficult as the closest border crossing is around 800K away. I know some companies have "Cdn. Divisions" that get around all of this. Bailey's does, but I've never had any luck with them, tried placing 4 orders this year, and only one was successful, they were always out of stock, or some such BS.

I've always had great service with Baileys. I would try them again maybe. I always ordered from the states soo could be a different scenario.

(duty and brokerage fees are not the same thing).

Correct, most things come in duty free.. may pay GST/HST.. but no duty.
But brokerage fees is another story, which is why we went and got our own broker (you can specify broker you want used - even if shipped via UPS, etc). We found UPS to be one of worst on brokerage fees.. but USPS is the best if you can get shipper to use it.

The companies I deal with either use USPS or I don't purchase from them. Didn't know one could specify their own broker though, I may PM you to learn more, if you don't mind.

Correct, most things come in duty free.. may pay GST/HST.. but no duty.
But brokerage fees is another story, which is why we went and got our own broker (you can specify broker you want used - even if shipped via UPS, etc). We found UPS to be one of worst on brokerage fees.. but USPS is the best if you can get shipper to use it.

Latest posts

Back