high heel logger boots

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adforester

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I have a landscaping/hardscaping/arborist company and need to find a nice pair of comfortable boots to work in. I like the looks of the chippewa super loggers alot and like high heels but not sure what others experiences were with heels? Sometimes they tend to tighten up my back does anyone else get any side effects from wearing heels? I love heels but I already have a bad back and knees and feet.

Hello everyone,
I have a landscaping/hardscaping/arborist company and need to find a nice pair of comfortable boots to work in. I like the looks of the chippewa super loggers alot and like high heels but not sure what others experiences were with heels? Sometimes they tend to tighten up my back does anyone else get any side effects from wearing heels? I love heels but I already have a bad back and knees and feet.

bet you got a pink saddle, too.....
:hmm3grin2orange:

adforester, you ain't never going to live this one down. :hmm3grin2orange:

The correct term is "logger heels", I believe. But NOT "high heels"! :biggrinbounce2:

Mods, can we get this man a new moniker? He's just a lowly "Junior Member". He ought to be promoted to something like, "Mr. High Heels"!

adforester, you ain't never going to live this one down. :hmm3grin2orange:

The correct term is "logger heels", I believe. But NOT "high heels"! :biggrinbounce2:

Mods, can we get this man a new moniker? He's just a lowly "Junior Member". He ought to be promoted to something like, "Mr. High Heels"!

Block heel works

Hello everyone,

Hey adforester,
You got a lick'in for yer post...ya deserved some of it...kinda...
Bur seriously, thick heels are great for traction especially if you work on slopes...the steeper and looser the more it becomes valuable to have deep heels. That's why woodland firefighters, smoke jumpers, and forestry workers wear 'em.
It might take a while to get used to thick heels if you normally wear flat soles. Your body has to adjust to the rocked forward feeling when standing flat on level ground and floors. It might take a few weeks, even a couple months. Don't get boots that are too loose, your feet will slide forward and mash yer toes. Lace 'em up tight, especially at the instep...that too might take a getting used too...but ya gotta do it.
You might just LOVE how the boots feel after the acclimation period...and it might even have a positive effect on your posture and promote good standing and lifting form, which is a GOOD thing for your back.
I really like my Hoffman's Climbers...I got them at Bailey's, one of ArboritSite's sponsors...and they were inexpensive too, $124.00 for a all leather american made boot.
Good Luck with your boots...and don't shave yer legs...:cheers:

Hey adforester,
You got a lick'in for yer post...ya deserved some of it...kinda...
Bur seriously, thick heels are great for traction especially if you work on slopes...the steeper and looser the more it becomes valuable to have deep heels. That's why woodland firefighters, smoke jumpers, and forestry workers wear 'em.
It might take a while to get used to thick heels if you normally wear flat soles. Your body has to adjust to the rocked forward feeling when standing flat on level ground and floors. It might take a few weeks, even a couple months. Don't get boots that are too loose, your feet will slide forward and mash yer toes. Lace 'em up tight, especially at the instep...that too might take a getting used too...but ya gotta do it.
You might just LOVE how the boots feel after the acclimation period...and it might even have a positive effect on your posture and promote good standing and lifting form, which is a GOOD thing for your back.
I really like my Hoffman's Climbers...I got them at Bailey's, one of ArboritSite's sponsors...and they were inexpensive too, $124.00 for a all leather american made boot.
Good Luck with your boots...and don't shave yer legs...:cheers:

I just went on Baileys bud..what ones are they? I really didnt see any of them for less than $200..

I just went on Baileys bud..what ones are they? I really didnt see any of them for less than $200..

I didn't get 'em online...We stopped by the Bailey's wherehouse on our way to Sacramento...they had some killer deals on sale..."Manager's In Store Specials" or something. We also picked up 3 Rockman forestry helmets and bunch of felling wedges...way less than advertized price. The "store" is tiny, but the wherehouse is huge...like a Costco for Arborists.

I didn't get 'em online...We stopped by the Bailey's wherehouse on our way to Sacramento...they had some killer deals on sale..."Manager's In Store Specials" or something. We also picked up 3 Rockman forestry helmets and bunch of felling wedges...way less than advertized price. The "store" is tiny, but the wherehouse is huge...like a Costco for Arborists.

Damn..wish I had a place like that around here..might to run up to Treeman Supply in MI sometime and see what their showroom looks like..

Last 3 pairs I bought were 8" Carolina logger boots (non-steel toe). Overall, a good and relatively inexpensive boot great for a groundsman. I think I paid like $85 bucks or so. I've looked at the Chippewa boots as well but they seemed more uncomfortable and narrow and a bit more pricy.

Of course, if you are looking at chainsaw protection boots, that's a whole different story. Better and more expensive boots are out there, but I'd say to try out some Carolina's and see if you like the logger heel.

Here's a example of some Carolina's:

http://www.supercasuals.com/category.cfm/14?gclid=CKbdyPrn4KUCFRRg2godQn-LoA

Bounty Hunter is right: once you get used to them and break them in a bit, they are a dream. Shoot, I'd buy logger boots for regular work boots now.

I have a pair of Redwings 10" that I use for climbing..only thing I dont like is they make my feet sore every time I wear em..I have had em for like 2 yrs and no matter how much I think I'm used to em..I'm not..idk wtf it is..I need a high heel to fit in with my spikes when I do removals..but god they make it hard on my body..idk..just my 2 cents..

I like the caroilina brand boots. Ceramic toes instead of the steel toes. Insulated with the water proof membrane. I paid around $125.00 for them and they have lasted well over a year, and shows very little wear.
Tom

Last edited:
Damn..wish I had a place like that around here..might to run up to Treeman Supply in MI sometime and see what their showroom looks like..

Well if you get into Cleveland you should run over to Baetzold's off of E.185th, that place is like a tree guy's candy store but bring cash, he will wheel and deal some...Oh yeah, also call before you go....sometimes he ain't open. PM me if you are in the area.

hahaha high heels, lol I bought a pair of redwings, whites and chippewa super loggers we'll see how each pans out---:newbie:

I bought a pair of loggers made by Justin.
I figured with an insole and break in, they would be fine.
I've tried 3 different insoles and worn them for 3 years off and on - they are still the most uncomfortable pair of boots I own.

The arch support is about an inch back further than it should be.
The next step is to strip out the support and use a good insole with the arch support in the right place.

I still kick myself for buying them thinking I could fix that problem with insoles.

right now i have carolina ,boots arent bad but have no insoles

best pair i have ever owned or ever put my feet in were GEORGIA BOOT ,now i dunno what/how i ended up with the pair i did they were a gift BUT DAMN ,they lasted 4 years of heavy use then the heal came off ,like i said have no clue why i ended up witht he pair i had but they have 3 insoles THREE ,they lasted almost as long as the boots

they fit right into one another nobody else seemed to get those insoles and alot of guys around here had georgia boot at that time they were 220$

White's boots and Nick's boots are the top brands. Wesco is another brand that many people like. If you are going to spend $400.00 on a pair of boots order up the fitting kit from the maker. Better yet fly to Spokane and have them fitted. I have several pairs of White's, some I bought off ebay but I know what I'm looking at.

I have a blown out left knee and wearing White's has been a godsend to me. The arch is substantial and feels great though I don't wear them on concrete because of the increased impact. After I got hurt at work and wore civilian clothes I got special permission to wear my White's lace up packers at work. With Wranglers of course.

Latest posts

Back