high heel logger boots

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whatever you get make sure it's american made.

Well, I am not quite that narrow a focus :)

Especially since I live in Canada.

But anything made in America, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, England, Germany, Italy, Sweden.. (anything European).. fits the bill for me.

After all the saws I have are all European.. as are the back pack blowers, etc.. but honestly most of the rest of it is American!

Pay a bit more but service is usually good.. as well as quality. Buy it right, buy it once..

Since this was about boots.. I usually buy Viberg.. for a climbing boot they are hard to beat..

Welcome to Workboot.com - Viberg Boots

Not cheap.. but good as any on planet.

Last edited:
Last 3 pairs I bought were 8" Carolina logger boots (non-steel toe). Overall, a good and relatively inexpensive boot great for a groundsman. I think I paid like $85 bucks or so. I've looked at the Chippewa boots as well but they seemed more uncomfortable and narrow and a bit more pricy.

Of course, if you are looking at chainsaw protection boots, that's a whole different story. Better and more expensive boots are out there, but I'd say to try out some Carolina's and see if you like the logger heel.

Here's a example of some Carolina's:

Carolina Logger Boots - Discount Prices, Free Shipping

Bounty Hunter is right: once you get used to them and break them in a bit, they are a dream. Shoot, I'd buy logger boots for regular work boots now.
i have a pair of the carolinas and i love them.if you have a national work wear the y seel them there and others like the chipawa and a few others ,cant remenber all the brands they had. I got mine for 85 bucks and they are a very good boot

Hello everyone,
I have a landscaping/hardscaping/arborist company and need to find a nice pair of comfortable boots to work in. I like the looks of the chippewa super loggers alot and like high heels but not sure what others experiences were with heels? Sometimes they tend to tighten up my back does anyone else get any side effects from wearing heels? I love heels but I already have a bad back and knees and feet.

Georgia Logger Steel Toe Work Boot, G8320, Georgia - Georgia Boot -

Georgia Gore-Tex Steel Toe Logger Boots, G9380, Georgia - Georgia Boot -

The first link was my my first pair of high top heeled boots. They lasted 6 years being worn 5-6 days a week. I to also own a landscaping/tree service company. The second pair are a little more insulated and they are what i currently wear. Both are great boots and Georgia Boot is a great company to do business with. My .2
-ac

Georgia Logger Steel Toe Work Boot, G8320, Georgia - Georgia Boot -

Georgia Gore-Tex Steel Toe Logger Boots, G9380, Georgia - Georgia Boot -

The first link was my my first pair of high top heeled boots. They lasted 6 years being worn 5-6 days a week. I to also own a landscaping/tree service company. The second pair are a little more insulated and they are what i currently wear. Both are great boots and Georgia Boot is a great company to do business with. My .2
-ac

Got the same ones now and my old Georgia boots got retired from climbing to motorcycles and yard work. 15 years and still waterproof! Good boot

Hey adforester,
You got a lick'in for yer post...ya deserved some of it...kinda...
Bur seriously, thick heels are great for traction especially if you work on slopes...the steeper and looser the more it becomes valuable to have deep heels. That's why woodland firefighters, smoke jumpers, and forestry workers wear 'em.
It might take a while to get used to thick heels if you normally wear flat soles. Your body has to adjust to the rocked forward feeling when standing flat on level ground and floors. It might take a few weeks, even a couple months. Don't get boots that are too loose, your feet will slide forward and mash yer toes. Lace 'em up tight, especially at the instep...that too might take a getting used too...but ya gotta do it.
You might just LOVE how the boots feel after the acclimation period...and it might even have a positive effect on your posture and promote good standing and lifting form, which is a GOOD thing for your back.
I really like my Hoffman's Climbers...I got them at Bailey's, one of ArboritSite's sponsors...and they were inexpensive too, $124.00 for a all leather american made boot.
Good Luck with your boots...and don't shave yer legs...:cheers:

See, my experiance is exactly the opposite. I think you get crappy traction and I feel like my butt is sticking out in those boots.
I use a relatively flat healed boot with thick rubber lugs that have good tackiness and aren't to hard. I think the high healed logger boot sucks in design.

See, my experiance is exactly the opposite. I think you get crappy traction and I feel like my butt is sticking out in those boots.
I use a relatively flat healed boot with thick rubber lugs that have good tackiness and aren't to hard. I think the high healed logger boot sucks in design.

One advantage to them is that hooks/spikes/climbers are not dragging on the ground of you have to walk even a short distance in 'em...

The bad part of logger heels is once they start to wear your back will pay the price. The heels start to wear and it throws the alignment of your hips and spine off. I switched to the Danner Quarry boots which have a pretty flat heel but still is enough to keep your spikes in place. some of the best boots I've evef owned.

Back