Homelite 5-30A can't find any info on the "A"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Syythe454

Reaction score
Hi all I'm new to the forum and new to interest in old chainsaws. I picked up the Homelite about a week ago .
I bought it mainly because of the chainsaw winch that came attatched to it. Once I got it home and got to looking at it I started seeing how neet the old Homelite was.
So anyway if any of you have any good info on what the "A" in the model stands for I would greatly appreciate it.
The one disapointing thing about it is that the serial number at some point got beet up pretty bad On the tag. Thanks
Also any info on the winch would be great too.
EB1CA866-A996-46A7-B38B-689D3D841A18.jpg

70123CA8-45B8-4E19-AC6C-C6736AB5298C.jpg

B04B0C6B-B248-4868-B657-DC7926AE841A.jpg

0FA14263-B83F-4351-8B5D-1C83A7608A89.jpg

From another forum:

icon1.gif
Re: Homelite 5-30 A S
Hi,

The 5-30 was introduced in August 1953, and was superceded by the 5-30N in August 1954.
The differences noted are as follows:
5-30 has a Tillotson H-6A diaphragm carb with no fuel pump, whereas the 5-30N has a Tillotson HP-6B carb with fuel pump. I have a 5-30N parts list which also shows a Brown 1-CS carb.
The 5-30 fuel tank with crankcase pressure line as well as a pressure relief line and check valve assy. The 5-30N has a fuel cap which has a vent hole and pressure relief valve similar to the Models 17, 5-20, and EZ saws. Pressure and pressure relief lines have been eliminated from the tank on the 5-30N.

Regards,

Chris.

Hopefully some of that carb & vent info can help you place yours before/after the "n"

Thanks Chris. Ive read your reply a couple times looking for a silver bullet . Is the A in the model something that could mean a lot of different things? I . OR(which is probably the answer) Im not picking up what you're laying down.o_O

It was our experience in the many years with Homelite saws that when a saw came to our shop and showed some signs of altering or removing the serial number, it was usually a stolen saw. The A doesn't look anything Hoimelite had on the serial numbers. Also show signs of trying to mess up the serial number. Some of the later saws that had a decal with the serial number could have worn off.
chainsawlady

sorry found this thread during a search
5-30 A
A = full wrap bar
707D or 707DA A=full wrap bar
On these I also found "A" reference 5-30NA in the parts list to "long spikes".
It may have been the same for 5-30 A?
see them on the pix......above

Back