• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Homelite C-5

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kegerator5

Champ = THE Powerhorse lol
Reaction score
Alright guys. Bit if a story here. Bear with me. Sorry..

Bought off local farmer who was essentially selling off lots of things. I asked him the story on it. He said it was his father's. And he passed away 7 years ago. And his father was the last one to use the chainsaw. He said it was used last 3-5 years before he passed... So I was guessing 10-15yrs ago. People always under guess time in their own history lol.

But he said it never had ethanol in it. And he was adamant. Assuming because last time it was ran, ethanol wasn't in fuel.

Anyways. He said after that last time it was ran, it was put away, and never used again. Actually, not even touched until put out for sale. I was going to try and take it apart and clean it and have an awesome Homelite from the past. But, to be honest... This is not something you can just pick up and do after only staying to get into more modern saws. These older vintage saws are some amazing machines. So I'd rather sell to someone who can clean it up and try it out and use it for what it is, or clean it up and show it off.

As to working condition. No clue. Didn't even try to start it. I typically clean things up before starting.

$75+shipping

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 78
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    980.8 KB · Views: 77
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 66
Glad to hear that. I recently purchased a C5 on fleebay taking a gamble and the only thing worth saving turned out to be the carb. I want one for actual use. Like you said they are very neat machines. Any way you could tell me more on the condition? Been sitting long?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Sorry now I see you've already answered that in the post? So it has compression then?

Sorry to hear about that.

I'm not out to screw anyone over. I literally know nothing about it, other than my description above. I set it back up on the shelf after not hearing from anyone on here. If there are any parts you want to see closer or closeups of the saw, let me know. I can gladly get them for you.

Hmmmm, I have a compression guage. Let me go check it. I'll let you know the reading in a bit.

Sorry about that..
Compression checked out at about 110 pounds.

Also, my guage is the type with an adapter, which tends to knock the reading down 5-10 pounds from what I'm told. So if you go by that, then it's more like 115-120.

Here's the pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_1915.JPG
    IMG_1915.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1916.JPG
    IMG_1916.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
These came new with about 125 pounds. So it's almost right there. Factor in age, use, etc. I'd guess all is good.

Awesome that's good news! Now just 2 more things if you could it would be great. Could you possibly pull that velocity stack muffler and see what kind of condition the cylinder walls and piston might be and then if could pull the gas cap and see if it's corroded very badly. Maybe a picture of the carb too?? Thank you very very much!

I'm currently at work. But I'll check when I get home. See if I can figure it all out. Get you pictures of it all.

Ok, got you those pictures. Piston and cylinder are great. And under gas cap, as far as I can tell, no corrosion. Carb is shiny, and works. Took a pic with it open and closed.

Pic 1- overhead carb
2- carb closed
3- carb opened

Attachments

• IMG_1951.JPG
    IMG_1951.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1953.JPG
    IMG_1953.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1954.JPG
    IMG_1954.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
Pic 4- inside gas tank
5- piston and rings
6- cylinder walls

Definitely could be cleaned up. But I did say that. But I don't think it'd take much to have her roaring?

Attachments

• IMG_1955.JPG
    IMG_1955.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1957.JPG
    IMG_1957.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1958.JPG
    IMG_1958.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
Besides being dirty like you mentioned it checks out for me! I suppose I will have a whole parts saw to steal what's good so that's a bonus. I'll send you a PM. Thank you very much for being so helpful!

Any way you could possibly upload some close ups of other angles of the saw? Bottom, sides, maybe how the clutch drum looks under the sprocket cover? Also maybe of some close ups on the engine and a video of you slowly turning it over and a walk-around for it? OK if you can't but thank you much!!

Also if you could show a close up of the bar on both ends and sprocket to see what shape there in? Thank you kindly!!!

Sorry.
Just didn't have the time. Was working on the house. Had some stuff to do. And now on here before the super bowl starts.
The saw is what it is. A vintage saw that seems to have a ton of promise. Not the prettiest saw, but it has proper compression. Piston and cylinder check out great. Carb seems to work great.

If you want it, great, let me know and we can get payment setup. If not, no big deal.

$75+ shipping.

Back