Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interested in your work I got a xl-12 let us know how it run when you get it together quite an increase in port volume already a tourqey saw should really rip!
image.jpg I got this far today, heads glued on , no gasket, new felts, new needles.image.jpg Made the top ignition plate hole into a slot to adjust timing.
Couple more days.

roosterhog
I have one new 28" bar for the XL- series. It is SP28348-1. This is a sprocket nose Homelite bar. It is better than the regular sprocket nose. It is a one piece bar with a sprcket noese that can be replaced It has the regular XL mount.. Price is $70.00 plus shipping. That is the price on the last Homelite price list.
[email protected] chainsawlady
Chainsawlady: I want her if she will fit. I'm not smart enough to know if it fits based on the number you gave me. I tried to google it to see if the bar pattern was the same but no luck. Is it the same as the pic?
image.jpg

Hi all, im replying to this thread for information on coil adjustment on Homelite XL-12. Any help or advice greatly appreciated!

This is my uncles saw, needs to be gone through and he asked me for help. Before i tried to start it i noticed it had no clearnence between the coil and the flywheel (some around the fins but none around the magnetic part.). Usually i space them right around 0.012", but i coudnt get at the mounting screw as it sits on the case. Do i need to remove the flywheel to set the flywheel gap?
image.jpg

Hi all, im replying to this thread for information on coil adjustment on Homelite XL-12. Any help or advice greatly appreciated!

This is my uncles saw, needs to be gone through and he asked me for help. Before i tried to start it i noticed it had no clearnence between the coil and the flywheel (some around the fins but none around the magnetic part.). Usually i space them right around 0.012", but i coudnt get at the mounting screw as it sits on the case. Do i need to remove the flywheel to set the flywheel gap?
View attachment 416280

I believe that gap is fixed on those. I'll send you a link to a shop manual you can gave a look through. The plate can be rotated to adjust timing.

Pm received, thanks so much.

I have an old homelite, anyone know if this model is worth looking over? I am looking to donate a saw to help fund the gtg thing in pa, but if saw is worthless ill have to donatesomething else. I think its a homelite1428158249628.jpg

Attachments

• 1428158131916.jpg
    1428158131916.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 21

I have an old homelite, anyone know if this model is worth looking over? I am looking to donate a saw to help fund the gtg thing in pa, but if saw is worthless ill have to donatesomething else. I think its a homeliteView attachment 416939
That is no homelite, it is a Canadian and is worth fiddling with.

I have an old homelite, anyone know if this model is worth looking over? I am looking to donate a saw to help fund the gtg thing in pa, but if saw is worthless ill have to donatesomething else. I think its a homeliteView attachment 416939
Power Machinery Ltd. model 340(ish) most often found in Skil Saw livery.
69cc, piston ported but don't expect blazing performance.

Stylish!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428160846.894249.jpg

How do you guys think i should sell? Dribbled a lil gas down the carb and it popped and sounds like it wants to run. I could sell it like this or keep working in it, ley someone make offer or do charity auction *even on eBay if it makes sense. just want to donate anyways

Latest posts

Back