Homelite Zip

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Andrethegiant70 was kind enough to send me a Homelite Zip. These old saws are trying to take over my collection! This one appears to be complete except for some of the recoil parts. I have the cover but not the pulley or other parts. It has no muffer, just a screen and diverter. I removed it and the piston, rings, and cylinder look great. LOTS of carbon though. You would not want to fire this thing up with poping the jug and decarboning the P&C. I can see pieces laying on the cylinder wall. Just another reason I don't like to fire up an old saw upon delivery. It's generally quite clean. However, under the covers and in out of the way crevices, it's quite grimey. It will require a complete disassembly. Not sure if it'll get paint and decals or not. I like them to look nice but then I'll never want to put it in wood again. I'll have the bar and chain in a couple days, different box. Anyway, here she is.

381313304_E7hHT-M.jpg
381313267_Uhb4k-M.jpg

381313283_nGVSj-M.jpg
381313559_FQXmC-M.jpg

381313829_cCYrV-M.jpg
381313766_4V6NY-M.jpg

381313611_t2zEc-M.jpg
381313713_EtQzP-M.jpg

Last edited:
No, no, no. You'll make me go through another whole saw:cry::) . I sent Bryce an email this morning. I've been having trouble getting ahold of him lately though.

Let me know. I hate to rip a running saw apart. I'll dig around and see if I have one loose.

Brad, By the looks of it you will
need a new or good used starter
cup as well. Yours looks pretty worn
in the pic's. If they are worn just a
little the starter will not engage.

Lee

Nice saws. Didn't realize there were so many of them out there. I have a 7-19 in box right now. Wonder if any of you have the starter pawl. Mine is pretty worn out.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Later,

Nice saws. Didn't realize there were so many of them out there. I have a 7-19 in box right now. Wonder if any of you have the starter pawl. Mine is pretty worn out.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Later,

I have those ball drive starter assemblies....stand by...

Me to, Me to

I have an old Zip myself, and I need that starter cup also. If anyone has an extra I'd like to buy it. This old saw and I cut a lot of wood together, and I had it running about a month ago, but as was said, if that cup is worn it won't catch. JR

Well I wasn't able to look this evening, but I know I have several of those. Will try for tomorrow...

I think the starter cups from other models fit the Zip, I do know C5 stuff will fit.
Gotta love the old style starters, almost a work of art. If the brass is worn it can be carefully peened to keep the ball bearings in place.

Latest posts

Back