Homelite

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The check valve I ordered should be here Monday so hopefully that will take care of my issues. I’ve never worked on a mini Mac but they are handy. I found a couple Homelite XL‘s for sale for parts $25 each but they are 45 minutes away. I’m just not sure if parts for a XL will work on an XL2. I messaged the guy to see if he knew what kind of carb it had on it but haven’t heard back from him.

Update: check valve showed up yesterday and I put it in today. I pressure tested the carb before putting the saw back together and it tested fine. Saw started 3rd pull and runs perfect. Carb needed a little fine tuning and idles like it should.
thanks for all the help guys

Can you post a link to the $10 check valve kit your ordered?

I've got some of the old homie carbs that most likely have the same problem as yours had is why I ask.

Keep a heads up when you adjust your carb and keep it on the rich side on the H adjustment. You can find info about such on this site or search for such.
If you are planning on keeping the saw just keep a eye and ear open and quite often you will find parts donor saws laying in the trash for free.

Thanks for the comeback post.

I stumbled across this site and very reasonably priced chainsaw and Walbro parts. Genuine Walbro parts.
For example a Walbro 86-520 check valve kit for HDC carbs @4.17 (smae as a 93910C valve kit
and shipping prices are reasonable.
Check it out. Little hard to navigate. Easier if you know the Walbro part number and use their search box.
https://www.smallenginesprodealer.com/search.php?search_query=86 520&section=product

Okie I went to that site and the prices are pretty decent. Probably order some stuff from them next week
thanks again

Back