How many bundles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Polish hammer

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just started selling wood about 3 years ago started out we bought land and a house that had many dead trees in the yard.. basically css it asap to completely redoe the 2 acre yard and wanted the wood gone and couldn’t believe how fastbit sold at the end of the Drury and since then I installed a drolet black comb wood stove and now I css all the time and hardly keep up. It started to sell bundles because it seems so much more money then face cord or cords.. last year I sold about 140-150 bundles at the end of the driveway this year I got my driveway and a restaurant and am already over 120 I’m addicted to bundles and enjoy making them... odd ha

We did about 13,000 bags (2 cuft by volume) and only about 3000 of the .75 cuft bundles Last year....definitely where the money is, but the bundles are always the last to go and generally for the "token" fire or "lady bundles" for those who can't lift the bags

I supply 3 camp grounds, it's not all its cracked up to be! I have 2 cut throat competitors that are dumping bundles for $3.00 each along the road into the camp ground. My contract is also up after this year and they are telling me know that they are going to process their own next year. We'll see if that really happens.

I do very little compared to you guys but $3 a bundle I wouldn’t even want to sell for that... my restaurant place has already had almost 20 bundles of 119 stolen and I haven’t even been there 3 weeks if I didn’t have to pay to be there I’d be out now I feel I have to ride it out to get my money back

I did about 2,000 bundles last year (about 20 cords). Expect to do at least that this year.

It's mostly a side thing, main sales are bulk wood. BUT every bit helps.

I do very little compared to you guys but $3 a bundle I wouldn’t even want to sell for that... my restaurant place has already had almost 20 bundles of 119 stolen and I haven’t even been there 3 weeks if I didn’t have to pay to be there I’d be out now I feel I have to ride it out to get my money back

Some people don't really understand the concept of making money though when it comes to replacement costs and everything else associated with the process.
What REALLY pisses me of is, these are parks are under federal jurisdiction and they aren't enforcing the ban on transporting firewood.

There are many reasons they do not or cannot enforce the existing rules (and most of the rules and regulations are state mandated). I think the biggest are available time and people at the state parks and not wanting to piss off the campers.....They could stop every car and search like they do at the borders but it would take time and get messy.....they are relying on stern warnings and people being honest.......I think if the parks had a reliable source of heat treated or verified local firewood on hand inside the park and they were making a profit from it they could better restrict incoming wood and be motivated to enforce it. Texas has no rules or regs about firewood yet but I am gently pushing the State parks down that road....one because it help my business model and 2 because...well... I just love to hug trees. We are providing locally sourced wood and are moving to kiln dried and then finally full on USDA certified heat treated to help them decide.

Around here we have too many acreage folks selling bundles on the way to the lake for $3.00 to get into the business selling bundles. The local to the lake gas station has quiet selling bundles because of the low price that is in the area and the stolen bundles from the store.

Gas station used to be $6.99 ea, 2 for $11.99.

They are now at 4.99 each, dunno why. Still the same 6-7 sticks of kindling that burns up in 5 mins though.

you SHOULD PUT SOME CAMERIAS UP TO CATCH THE THEIF AND PRESS CHARGES

I’ve since put up a motion light and a fake camera with a blinking light and a couple wires all for under $20 and since I’ve only been shorted a few times and on one occasion I was $15 ahead lol sad that’s what it took but we’ll worth it

Our gas stations sell bundles for $9.99 CAD each.(which is about $7 US)
I sometimes sell campfire wood for $5 a bag/bundle.

The gas station bundles are .75 cu ft of spruce.

They sell well I'd imagine just from the convenience. Stop the 'bago for gas and see the wood.. "oh, we should get some for a campfire"

Those bundles are OK for kindling, or a fire that burns just long enough to cook a few wwiners, but you'd need a whole pickup load to have a fire last the evening. Not to mention cooking on spruce isn't the best thing to do.

I'm not sure what I can do to boost sales. So far this year have sold roughly 1000. They sell pretty steady until mid-late October and then it slows down. Do sell some through winter.

I'm hoping if we get that fancy vending machine the novelty of it will draw in people. Will certainly make it much easier on the accounting/inventory side of things, plus being able to take cards 24/7 (right now it's cash or check if the shop isn't open)

you should put up sound and picture cameras to catch the theifs

Back