husky 340/350

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grayhayter

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
hi all.
I want to buy a husky 340 but reading the great advise, the 350 is mentioned more than once. Should I rather go for the 350?
My requirements are a general purpose town garden unit.
Weight of unit seems very similar for off ground work.

If the price is similar go for the 350. Always get as much hp as you can if the weight of the saw is the same. In the long run you will be more satisfied with your purchase

Hi Grayhayter,

The Husqvarna 345 is probably the best deal. I own a 350 and it has been a wonderful saw for me. The 2001 model 345 has the compression release as my 2000 model 350 has. The 340 has 2.7 HP, the 345 has 3.0 HP, and the 350 has 3.1 HP. All of these weigh 10.4 lbs. If you want more power, the 346XP has 3.4 HP and weighs 10.6 lbs. Plus, it has metal casings and is considered a commercial saw. They will all last a long time if you use Husqvarna XP oil and take care of them. Be sure to write back to say what you decide to buy.

Good Luck,

Carroll

I've got a 340, 345, and 350. I always grab the 350 first. It just seems to have more power than the others.

Hi everyone

Thank you for your advice especially Carroll (chaingang)

Decided on the 350. This is about R600.00 (S75.00) more but I am sure I have made the right decision.

Regards

Graham

Hi Graham,

Congradulations! You just bought the lowest vibration saw on the market today. When the time comes, I recommend a 95VP style chain for that saw. The Husqvarna owners manual has a wealth of information in it - be sure to read and know it.

I have really enjoyed my Husqvarna 350. It is the smoothest, least tiring saw I have ever used.

Cheers,

Carroll

Graham,

I am looking for some long lost friends who lived in Johannesburg, SA. Their names are Cedric and Adele Abrahms. Could you email me an address or telephone number for them? I want to send them some pictures of a volcano in Guatemala that we climbed together. Their camera was stolen soon after our return with the film still inside.

Thanks for your help!

Carroll

Chaingang

Carroll

Hi, Yours friend's surname Abrahms is a very unusual spelling. Can you confirm spelling and can you give me more info on address.

I will do my utmost to find them but do not want to search in the wrong direction.

Graham

Latest posts

Back